Mass Spec Lab Scientist
Cambridge, MA /
Metabolomics & Protein Sciences /
Atavistik Bio is a new, privately-held biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel therapies for metabolic diseases and cancer. Our high-throughput platform for the unbiased identification of metabolite-protein interactions will enable the discovery of first-in-class drugs inspired and empowered by nature’s own mechanisms of allosteric control. Our unique approach marries this validated platform with structure-aided drug design capabilities and cutting-edge insights into the regulation of metabolic systems to apply to genetically validated targets.
We are looking for a multitalented and self-driven analytical scientist to set up and run our new target discovery platform, which is based on high-resolution, accurate mass metabolomics methods. Focus will initially be in analyzing metabolite pools as a critical part of our target discovery. In addition, this person will build analytical methods to support studies of cellular metabolism in vitro, in cells, and from various in vivo and potentially precious clinical samples. Ensuring data quality will be key to enabling useful data analysis in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders. As part of a small startup, it will be crucial to execute the core deliverables of the target discovery platform, while also building out capability and forging collaborations internally and with our external partners. This position will be reporting to our Associate Director/Head of Mass Spectrometry.
- Setup and run our high-resolution affinity-based LC/MS screening platform
- Design and implement proper controls for data acquisition ensuring data robustness/reproducibility is maintained
- Assist in the setup and on-boarding of a data analysis pipeline with internal and external collaborators
- Design and implement LC/MS methodology for broad metabolite profiling in vitro and in vivo
- Perform LC/MS based quality control of all recombinant protein constructs expressed in-house or via our CRO partners
- Timely and accurate recording of experiments in ELN and LIMS
- PhD with 0-1 years or BS/MS with equivalent years of mass spec experience
- Experience with LC/MS for endogenous metabolites, including method development
- Experience handing active recombinant proteins would be desirable
- Previous experience with affinity-based screening platforms such as: ASMS, ALIS or similar would be highly desirable
- Adept at data analysis of multiple metabolites using vendor and/or custom software
- Excellent communication skills and a collaborative style to accomplish goals with biologists, biochemists, informaticists, and chemists.
Atavistik Bio offers competitive compensation, including stock options, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes paid time off, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and a flexible spending account for dependent care.
For immediate consideration, please share your CV complete with a full publication record.
Atavistik Bio is proud to be an inclusive employer and all individuals seeking employment with us are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.