Principal Scientist/Associate Director, Enzymology & Biochemistry
Cambridge, MA /
Metabolomics & Protein Sciences /
Atavistik Bio is a new, privately-held biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of novel therapies for metabolic diseases and cancer. Our high-throughput platform for the unbiased identification of metabolite-protein interactions will enable the discovery of first-in-class drugs inspired and empowered by nature’s own mechanisms of allosteric control. Our unique approach marries this validated platform with structure-aided drug design capabilities and cutting-edge insights into the regulation of metabolic systems to apply to genetically validated targets.
We are looking for a multitalented individual with responsibility for biochemical assay development and building a deep understanding of metabolic regulation of enzymes and pathways. As a new company, this is a great opportunity to build the biochemistry function and contribute to the drugging strategy. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in assay development, in-depth understanding of mechanistic enzymology and experience with small molecule drug discovery programs. The individual will play a central role in building the team (internal and CRO) and collaboratively enable new projects for drug discovery.
- Overall responsibility for leading, strategizing, and the execution of biochemical assay development.
- Design, optimize, and validate biochemical and binding assays for target enablement, hit finding, and SAR development.
- Perform deep mechanistic characterization of protein targets and metabolic enzymes by small molecule modulators.
- Collaborate with diverse project teams internally to champion lead discovery and progression of small molecules.
- Organize, manage, and analyze experimental data from all sources including CROs, in-house and academic collaborators. Present results at cross-functional teams.
- Ph.D. with 7+ years or MS/BS with 12-18 years of relevant drug discovery experience.
- Extensive experience in biochemical and binding assay development with a variety of readout formats for driving SAR, mechanistic studies, and high-throughput screening (HTS).
- Hands-on experience in steady state, pre-steady state kinetics, and mechanistic enzymology. In-depth mechanism of action characterization for small molecule modulators.
- Experience in managing and mentoring CRO and/or internal teams.
- Knowledge of biophysical methods (SPR, ITC, etc.)
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills to work on the project team with biologists, chemists, and metabolism scientists.
For immediate consideration please share your CV complete with a full list of publications.
Atavistik Bio offers competitive compensation, including stock options, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes paid time off, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and a flexible spending account for dependent care.
Atavistik Bio is proud to be an inclusive employer and all individuals seeking employment with us are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.