Technical Operations Specialist
Calgary, AB /
Finance & Operations – Business Operations /
Permanent, Full Time
Athennian strives to build and operate elegant, user-friendly solutions that streamline difficult workflows and corporate governance management. Our software is a cloud-based legal entity and corporate records management platform. By integrating modern technologies (such as e-Signature, corporate secretary document automation, virtual minute books, and org charts), Athennian easily and effectively facilitates in-house legal subsidiary group management, and professional firm corporate client management. Athennian's clients include multinational companies with high volumes of tax-driven and M&A transactions, asset managers, and accounting, tax, finance, and legal teams.
Check out athennian.com for more information.
The Technical Operations Specialist will be responsible for providing end-to-end internal technical support related to hardware and software for any requests or issues coming from Athennian personnel. Reporting to the Director, Operations & Compliance , this position will be a cross-functional role that will work directly with both the technical/engineering teams and business/corporate teams. The role will have a dual-focus on technical support/security and team member satisfaction/experience.
You’ll be Successful When…
You have a vision for what a full-service IT management program looks like and are excited to communicate that vision across the org to make team members’ work lives easier, more efficient, hassle-free and secure.
- 4+ years combination of education/certifications and IT Support experience in a customer-focused environment working with end users in a multi-office/remote environment
- Logical troubleshooting, testing, project management, and root cause analysis
- Extensive experience of end user hardware & OS (Apple/iOS and PC/Windows 10), server hardware and software, G-Suite for business, MS Office products such as O365, Antivirus/encryption solutions, and collaboration tools (Slack, Zoom)
- Experience with office A/V solution setup, installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance
- Strong knowledge of Jira/Confluence
- Experience in process document creation such as knowledge base articles
- Ability to effectively work as a team while delivering and supporting IT solutions to global resources while being managed remotely
- Ability to prioritize effectively and work on concurrent tasks
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing to colleagues across North America
- Excellent customer service skills
- Self-motivated and organized
- Experience in legal tech
- Experience with SOC2 evidence collection and compliance management tools
- Experience with MDMs
- Experience developing SCORM files for LMS content
In this role at 3 months you will have:
- Developed a keen understanding of the day in the life of an Athennian team member, their daily technical needs and pain points
- Created end user profiles for each department with respect to team members’ application provisioning and hardware needs, and taken over onboarding activities related to hardware and application provisioning
- Attended one quarterly engineering management meeting to understand key risk areas related to internal technology resources
- Taken over ownership of key third party relationships such as Rippling Support, Apple Business Manager, Geek Squad
- Taken over ownership of endpoint management including procurement, inventory, security, deployment and maintenance via Apple Business account and Rippling MDM
- Identified 3 key areas of focus for organization-wide technology onboarding training
- Created a roadmap for an internal support ticketing system using Jira along with corresponding how-to documentation for team members including escalation procedures
- Comprehensive knowledge of all Athennian security policies and procedures
- A working understanding of Athennian’s SOC2 controls and compliance management system (Tugboat Logic)
In this role at 6 months you will have:
- Established a meeting cadence with the Cloud Security team
- Co-developed OKRs with the Director, Operations & Compliance related to employee NPS and satisfaction metrics for IT support, security, and application budgets
- Assumed all application provisioning activities and worked with Athennian’s security and finance teams to evaluate and improve on its hardware/application provisioning procedures, including inventory procurement/management, onboarding and offboarding, account monitoring, usage and budgeting
- Worked with Athennian’s Security team to action mitigation activities on security issues related to device and application management
- Worked with Athennian’s People and Culture team to launch comprehensive IT onboarding training for new cohorts and refresher courses for current team members
- Launched and operated the internal support ticketing system
- Evaluated the efficacy of Athennian’s MDM solution and made recommendations on improvements or necessary changes
- Evaluated the efficacy of Athennian’s anti-virus solution and made recommendations on improvements
- Demonstrated availability for rotating on-call duty for Priority 1 issues
In this role at 12 months you will have:
- Delivered on key OKR initiatives related to hardware and software lifecycle management
- Become a trusted and essential member of Athennian’s Security team
- Worked with Athennian’s People and Culture team to develop and maintain Employee Experience programs (training and resources) related to internal technical support with a goal towards delivering high employee satisfaction and engagement
- Created, owned and managed Confluence space and documentation related to asset management (inventory and security best practices), including documentation related to SOC2
- Created, owned and managed a comprehensive End User Support Program for all Athennian personnel to have a trusted internal resource for hardware and software troubleshooting, with a customer-service focus
- Developed an expert-level knowledge of Athennian’s security compliance management tool (Tugboat Logic) and identified which SOC2 controls to own and operate
We believe incredible teams can solve any problem and we strive to be an inclusive workplace where ideas thrive. We are first and foremost an organization of people who are passionate about learning, building, and sharing software to transform the legal industry.
Our team members thrive when they’re passionate about what they do. We strive to create an engaging environment with challenging tasks, foster meaningful relationships with colleagues, and encourage each other to become the best we can be. Whether you want to customize your workspace, share your latest hobby with the team, or broaden your horizons with a specific project, we have a wealth of opportunities to keep you growing and learning. We’re here to help you become the best version of yourself, all while having fun and connecting with coworkers.
Diligent Builder: Ability to design and build scalable systems
Focused Creative: Strategic mind with a solution first attitude and uses data to navigate the next steps
Ambitious Learner: Eager to take on new challenges and present innovative solutions
Benefits at Athennian
We offer competitive benefits and perks because we believe that happy people produce great results. We are always adding to this list based on employee feedback: generous vacation/sick/flex days, remote work options, flexible working hours, health/dental/vision/group life/gRRSP/LTD/AD&D/EFAP benefits after 90 days, high growth environment, teambuilding, day-to-day variety (never a dull moment), MacBook for all employees, stock options, and a culture of transparency.