Engineering – Back-End /
Permanent, Full Time /
Athennian increases trust in business. Our products help legal, finance, and tax teams be transaction and audit-ready by organizing business entity and corporate structure information. Over 370,000 business entities in almost every country are managed on Athennian to automate workflows for ownership, company secretarial, governance, tax, and compliance.
About the Role
We are looking for a Back End Developer to join our Data Migration Team. In this role, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the smooth transition and transformation of client data. Your primary responsibility will be to develop and maintain migration scripts to facilitate the seamless transfer of data from legacy systems to new platforms. Your work will directly contribute to the success of data migration projects, ensuring data accuracy and integrity, and providing clients with a positive experience during this crucial phase of their digital transformation journey.
As a key contributor to our Engineering team you will be responsible for:
- Onboard customers including the migration of their data to the Athennian platform
- Work closely with clients data using SQL
- Maintain and improve current data migration tools
- Prepare detailed reports on data anomalies for the data migration team
- Assisting Onboarding Team with data migration tasks including developing migration scripts
- Work with the Data Migration team to manually verify data migration testing rounds
- Validate migrated data using MongoDB
- Data manipulation and transformation, database management, and problem-solving
A successful candidate will have:
- 1+ years of experience as a professional software engineer working on web applications
- Experience with relational databases including PostgreSQL and SQlite
- Familiarity with NoSQL database such as MongoDB
- Comfortable using Linux based CLI
- Knowledge of backend technologies like NodeJS + Express
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills with the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- The ability to work without close supervision and thrive in an autonomous working environment that allows for high levels of freedom
- Works well in a team environment, as well as independently
- Technical curiosity and desire for continuous learning
- Active listening and respect for others opinions and ideas.
- Growth Mindset: We are a growing company and need people who will take initiative, fail fast, and learn from their mistakes to be successful in the role.
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of TypeScript
- Experience with AWS technologies - EC2, S3
- Experience with RESTful APIs
We have embraced a distributed model of working to reach the best talent in Canada. While some roles may require proximity to our Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver offices, roles based outside our office locations can be remote in Canada. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in Canada. #LI-Remote
We believe incredible teams can solve any problem and we strive to be an inclusive workplace where ideas thrive. We are first and foremost an organization of people who are passionate about learning, building, and sharing software to transform the legal industry.
Our team members thrive when they’re passionate about what they do. We strive to create an engaging environment with challenging tasks, foster meaningful relationships with colleagues, and encourage each other to become the best we can be. Whether you want to customize your workspace, share your latest hobby with the team, or broaden your horizons with a specific project, we have a wealth of opportunities to keep you growing and learning. We’re here to help you become the best version of yourself, all while having fun and connecting with coworkers.
Diligent Builder: Ability to design and build scalable systems
Focused Creative: Strategic mind with a solution first attitude and uses data to navigate the next steps
Ambitious Learner: Eager to take on new challenges and present innovative solutions
Benefits at Athennian
Generous vacation/sick/flex days, remote work options, competitive salaries, flexible working hours, health/dental/vision/group life/LTD/AD&D/EFAP/gRRSP benefits after 90 days, the opportunity for career progression, high growth environment, teambuilding, day-to-day variety (never a dull moment), MacBook for all employees, stock options, and inclusive culture of transparency.