Director, Brand Marketing
At Athletic Greens, our purpose is to inspire fulfilling lives, starting with a focus on health. Our core values are people first, life is an opportunity and no compromises. These values guide us in every decision we make. We look for these values within our own team, but also in anyone who works with us. We’ve spent 10 years researching with the help of doctors, naturopaths and nutritionists to create the highest efficacy and nutritionally complete supplement on the planet. We never stop learning, growing and researching. It’s our mission to continue adding value to our products and improving the lives of our customers.
Athletic Greens is seeking a Director of Brand Marketing to oversee brand strategy and campaign execution as the company grows significantly. As Director, you will be responsible for working with company Leadership to define the Athletic Greens brand strategy, overseeing brand stewardship across marketing campaigns and partners, and delivering successful integrated brand campaigns that drive increased awareness and discovery. This is a great opportunity for a skilled & detail-oriented brand marketer to manage and grow an quickly-emerging health & beverage brand into mainstream consumer consciousness. This role reports to the VP of Marketing. The role will sit on a distributed team (pegged to a US timezone).
AS DIRECTOR OF BRAND MARKETING, YOU WILL:
- Increase reach and overall brand awareness for Athletic Greens through the planning and execution of cross-functional integrated marketing campaigns.
- Continuously define the brand vision & positioning with a keen focus on opportunities, competitive positioning and ongoing consumer trends.
- Own the brand content strategy and calendar, working holistically across teams to ensure marketing campaigns are executed with efficiency and consistency.
- Oversee creative development and execution, managing the Creative team and outside creative resources (third party agencies & partners that you will help select and manage).
- Build and scale a cost-efficient network of content creators and brand ambassadors to continually produce content that meets specific business needs (Paid, Brand, etc) and fuels storytelling.
- Develop and maintain an international brand framework to ensure brand consistency during geographic expansion.
- Build business cases, go-to market plans and creative briefs to guide integrated marketing campaigns, new product & partnership launches and new market entry.
- Work in service to performance teams (Growth, Retention) to deliver campaigns capable of hitting business goals while maintaining protective brand standards.
- Synthesize and apply customer insights to inform brand strategy and develop insight-driven marketing campaigns.
- Serve as the arbiter of brand standards and judge activities within the guidelines of appropriate brand stewardship.
- Oversee brand marketing budgets, status meetings, delivery calendars and continuous reporting on brand-related activities.
- Work with marketing team leaders, set marketing strategy with key focus on increasing brand awareness and driving reach.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- 6-10 years of experience in brand marketing or brand management.
- International, CPG and/or DTC experience within a high-growth environment.
- A full-brain thinker.
- Somebody full of creative ideas and big picture thinking, but who is also process-driven and highly organized when it comes to execution and managing a team.
- Successful track record of working with creatives and turning fresh ideas into eye-catching, memorable marketing activations.
- The ability to visualize what will construct a successful brand campaign across multiple channels and ensure the broader team and partners deliver on the campaign’s promise within resources, while also taking a hands on approach to driving output and final deliverables.
- An arranger mentality. You can coordinate multiple team members across different functions to execute across a clear, common vision.
- An ability to create leverage without getting caught up in directing traffic.
- A skilled writer & storyteller who can get people to buy into ideas and drive towards execution.
- Proven experience leading external partners and agencies, including a strong sense for finding partners that meet your brand’s current creative and resource needs and a clear playbook.
- Healthy network comprised of agencies and creatives to tap for work that can’t be handled internally.
- Undeniably passionate about building brands that people love.
- Strong curiosity about consumer behavior, backed by empathy and an ability to listen.
- Grade ‘A’ team player with ability to take/give feedback and bring the best out of your team members, while also rolling up your sleeves to get the job done.
WHAT WE ARE OFFER:
- 100% remote working environment, which has been implemented from day one.
- An immensely strong company culture that is enforced through the hiring process ensures values alignment and a highly collaborative team.
- A mission-driven approach to each and everything that we do, with an overall goal to significantly improve our customer's health and wellness.
- 90% premium coverage for top medical, dental and vision plans.
- 401k plan with a Safe Harbor match up to 4% after three months of employment.
- A high-growth, dynamic environment with lots of opportunities for your direct impact to be felt.
- Annual company-wide retreats & Quarterly team-wide meet-ups.
- An unlimited vacation policy.
- A brand new laptop of your choice and a budget for home office set-up or a co-working workspace.
- The opportunity to work with passionate, high-growth, business-minded colleagues who bring their all to the Athletic Greens mission each and every day.