Director, Growth Marketing
At Athletic Greens, our purpose is to inspire fulfilling lives, starting with a focus on health. Our core values are people first, life is an opportunity and no compromises. These values guide us in every decision we make. We look for these values within our own team, but also in anyone who works with us. We’ve spent 10 years researching with the help of doctors, naturopaths and nutritionists to create the highest efficacy and nutritionally complete supplement on the planet. We never stop learning, growing and researching. It’s our mission to continue adding value to our products and improving the lives of our customers.
We are seeking a Director of Growth Marketing to manage paid and organic new user acquisition and topline sales for our direct-to-consumer health & supplement business. As the Director of Growth Marketing, you will develop and manage a diversified, sustainable growth strategy and a seven-figure monthly marketing budget to deliver growth goals marked by customer acquisition totals, topline sales and marketing contribution to business.
In this role, you will be responsible for the guiding strategy and execution of paid marketing channels, balancing between investing performance budget to meet company goals while building a diversified acquisition engine that straddles multiple channels. You will own the holistic testing roadmap, using a rapid test-and-learn methodology to capture optimized performance while unlocking new channels for future scale. You will also support international growth by adapting a growth marketing playbook to drive acquisition in new, strategic geographies (EMEA, APAC).
This role reports to the VP of Marketing and will sit on a distributed team (pegged to a US timezone).
AS DIRECTOR OF GROWTH MARKETING, YOU WILL:
- Work collaboratively with Brand, Creative, Digital Product & Operations departments to deliver growth goals.
- Own and dispatch a 7-figure monthly growth budget.
- Work with leadership and finance to forecast acquisition.
- Lead varied (and often changing) key business results depending on company initiative.
- Manage online and offline growth channels from end-to-end (budgeting, execution, reporting, optimization), including paid social, Amazon, SEM, YouTube, programmatic, direct mail and others.
- Manage channel managers and third-party agencies.
- Vet and test new incremental opportunities for growth.
- Manage holistic testing program spanning channels, creatives, site optimizations and product offers.
- Expand audience segments through research and incremental testing.
- Build and publish company-wide views for measuring and reporting key growth marketing activities, including channel-testing.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- 5-8 years of growth marketing experience (international, CPG and/or DTC experience a plus); proven record of driving significant annual growth (50-100%+ in consecutive years) and managing upwards of $1M in monthly performance budget.
- Prior experience in forecasting your company’s growth marketing performance and delivering towards integral ecommerce KPIs (LTV, CAC, spend, retention rate, payback).
-A strategic thinker who can manage to both long-term growth plan and day-over-day optimizations.
- An extremely analytical & data-driven leader who has used data to construct arguments, drive decisions & report on learnings.
- Performance marketing experience - someone who knows how to speak the language and structure full funnel marketing campaigns.
- Rapid test-and-learn philosophy.
- A full-brain thinker. You’re full of creative ideas and big picture thinking, but you’re also process-driven and highly organized when it comes to execution and managing a team.
- A healthy network comprised of agencies and fellow growth marketers to tap for emerging best practices and projects that can’t be serviced internally.
- An undeniable passion for building brands through strong growth execution and taking advantage of open windows of opportunity.
- A Grade ‘A’ team player with ability to take/give feedback and bring the best out of your team members, while also rolling up your sleeves to get the job done.
- A proven people and project manager - ability to grow and scale teams and work successfully with third party agencies.
WHY WORK FOR ATHLETIC GREENS?
- Competitive compensation plans.
- 90% premium coverage for top for Medical, Dental and Vision plans.
- 401k - Safe Harbor, up to 4% match after 3 months of employment.
- Quarterly team-wide meetups + Annual company-wide retreat.
- Unlimited PTO / Vacation Policy.
- We provide each employee with a laptop and a personal budget for home office set-up or a local co-working space.
- The opportunity to work with a passionate, driven, collaborative, kind, and transparent team within a fast-paced, mission-driven company.