Senior Backend Engineer
Product and Engineering /
Hello, we are Atlan! 👋
A home for data teams around the world. 🏠
Our work has been recognised across the world — recently, Atlan was chosen for Sequoia Capital's Surge Program, won the Accenture Ventures Program powered by Microsoft 100X100X100 and was recognised as an Emerging Vendor by Gartner for their augmented data catalog. 🌏
Our awesome investors and advisors include WaterBridge Ventures, 500 Startups, Rajan Anandan, Ratan Tata, Manoj Menon, and more. 💙
We are reimagining the human experience of working with data. Join us on our mission of helping data teams around the world do their lives’ best work!
We build with all our ❤️
Our customers work on solving some big, tough problems. We make this experience an absolute delight. The result? Only wins! 🌟
And nothing makes us happier than seeing our customers winning. This is why we are building a team with strong values, love for our users, and people who put their heart and soul in everything they do.
Do your life’s best work 🚀
From man’s first step on the moon to our first flight, there were extraordinary Humans of Data backing the great achievements of mankind. We believe that our achievements in the future — landing on Mars, the cure for cancer, self-driving cars — will always be backed by data teams working behind the scenes.
We are growing our engineering team and are looking for Backend Engineers to help us build seamless collaboration experience for data teams around the world. Want to join the ride?
What will you do? 🤔
- Take end-to-end responsibility of the backend for our products.
- Plan for the future by clearly communicating the cost-benefit of a given solution and advocating the best path forward.
- Understand and mitigate risk through robust analysis and testing.
- Work closely with frontend developers, data engineers, and members of other internal teams to understand needs and develop solutions to the experience for our users.
What makes you a match for us? 😍
- You are fluent in HTTP and have a knack for picking the right set of tools for the job at hand.
- You are an expert in Python or Golang and have a desire to deepen your knowledge in current technologies as well as learn new ones.
- You have a strong sense of customer empathy and desire to influence the product direction.
- You can easily explain complex technical concepts to designers, customer success reps, and other engineers in no time.
- You have a basic understanding of DevOps (log rotation, reverse proxies, and other activities that give reliability to the software in development).
- You have an experience working in a startup environment, preferably with a SaaS product.
- You love open-source as much we do! Bonus points if you are an active contributor to the community (speak at conferences, meetups, etc.).
- You have an experience building a product from scratch or being in the initial backend team of any startup.
Working at Atlan 👨💻 👩💻
- We love open-source. One of our open-source projects was trending worldwide on Github.
- Read about our 10 engineering commandments
- The Why, What, and Who of internships at Atlan
- Engineering demos: How we share knowledge and build better engineering culture
- Going from great people to greater teams: How we think about growth at Atlan
At Atlan, we celebrate diversity and uniqueness. If you are interested in helping us build a home for data teams, we’d suggest you apply now! 👇