Technical Account Manager (Data Success)
Go to Market /
Hello, we are Atlan! 👋
A home for data teams around the world. 🏠 Think what Github did for Engineering Teams or Figma did for Design Teams (Website, Product Tour, Docs)
Our Story: Built for the humans of data, by the humans of data
At Atlan, we started as a data team ourselves tackling problems like national-level healthcare and poverty alleviation with data science (TED talk; Case Studies)
The problem: That's how we learned how tough it was to scale data teams. Data teams are the most interdisciplinary teams ever created: Analysts, Scientists, Engineers, Business; Diverse people with their own tooling preferences and skillsets and "DNA" that need to come together and collaborate effectively. Leading to collaboration chaos.
We would be awoken with crisis calls every second day for the minutest of issues - from troubleshooting why the number on a dashboard is incorrect to getting access to the right dataset! Atlan started as us building small tools to make our own data team more agile.
Over a couple of years, we made our team 6X more agile and went on to do amazing things like build India's National Data Platform used by its Prime Minister. (data for 500M citizens, built by an 8 member team, fastest project of its kind to go live — in 12 months instead of projected 3 years)
💡 Could the tooling we built for ourselves help data teams around the world? That's how Atlan was born. We're on the mission to help data teams around the world do their lives' best work.
Read our cofounder, Prukalpa's article about our vision for the future of data collaboration and our journey of failing 3 times before we figured out the real solution.
🚀 We're growing fast
We've grown 16X in just the last 6 months 📈
We were named a Gartner Cool Vendor in DataOps, one of the Top 3 companies globally (one of the fastest companies to make the list 🌏)
We're backed by iconic investors, including Insight Partners, Sequoia Capital, Waterbridge Ventures and Mr. Ratan Tata 🏅
Watch this 3-minute video of our journey so far & where we're going (in conversation with Sequoia Capital).
We build with all our ❤️
We believe that data teams deserve fundamentally better software experiences... Just because data is chaos, doesn't mean that work should be! 🌟
Love what Superhuman, Slack, Notion, Quip & Figma have done for the modern workplace? Come build the future for data teams with Atlan.
Why this role is important for us? 🔗
- We're hiring our first Technical Account manager to support amazing data teams like Plaid, the US Dept of Defense, and more!
- In this role, you own the most important company metric for Atlan: Customer growth and Expansion of business-critical accounts.
- If you're looking for a high-impact opportunity, at a fast-growing startup, and truly believe that user & customer delight can be one of the biggest moats for a company.... this is the role for you.
Your Mission at Atlan 🌟
- You will be the face of Technical engagements with new Atlan customers.
- You will enable Atlan customers to understand the different contexts in which the Atlan product can be effectively used and conceptualize new use-cases and solutions.
- You will work closely with the business and analytics stakeholders in the client organization, and be an expert of our data product.
- You will enable clients to understand the different contexts in which our product can be effectively used and help them grow.
- You will proactively identify problems for the customers, question status quo solutions, and ultimately solve the business challenge with our product.
- You will own the metric of driving value for customers through product and annual revenue subscriptions for the business unit
What makes you a match for us? 😍
- Prior experience as (1) a hands-on data practitioner who would like to move to a customer-facing role to support other data practitioners OR (2) as a Technical Account Manager in a B2B software organization OR (3) A Tech consultant with experience working on digital / tech/data projects
- Founder Mindset: You have the knack of problem-solving and love the idea of collaborating with various functions to get customers and users to win.
- You have previously demonstrated an aptitude for partnering with internal or external stakeholders across geographies.
- You have excellent communication skills, both written and live, with an emphasis on clarity, and problem-solving.
- A high rate of learning, natural curiosity, and eagerness to debate opinions to find the truth.
- You understand data and software markets, products, and businesses. Familiarity with the modern data stack across ETL, storage, BI, and everything between, with a demonstrated ability to stay up to date with new developments is a plus.
- You are looking for exponential growth, a lot of learning, and a great team to work with.
Do your life’s best work at Atlan 🚀
At Atlan, our mission is to help data teams do their life's best work. Inside Atlan, our goal is to help Atlanians do their lives best work while at Atlan and reach their Ikigai.
We'd normally invite potential Atlanians to our office meet our team and understand our culture, but given the global pandemic, we've opened up our internal team handbook which is a great read about our values and principles, how we think about growth and internal practices as we build a dream team.
Excited about the opportunity? Apply now! 👇