Senior Executive Assistant, Co-Founder + Head of People
San Francisco / Bay Area
People, Talent & Operations – People Enablement /
Full Time /
Hello, we are Atlan! 👋
A home for data teams around the world. 🏠 Atlan makes it easier for diverse data users – business users, product managers, analysts, and engineers – to collaborate effectively. (Think of what Salesforce is for sales teams or GitHub for engineering teams). (Check out our website, product tour, and docs.)
Built for the humans of data, by the humans of data
At Atlan, we started as a data team ourselves tackling problems like national healthcare and poverty alleviation with data science. (Check out our TEDx talk and case studies.)
The problem: After working on 200+ data projects, we learned how tough it was to scale data teams. Data teams are one of the most interdisciplinary teams ever created. They're made up of analysts, data scientists, engineers, business users – diverse people with their own tooling preferences, skill sets, and "DNA" that need to come together. This leads to collaboration chaos.
We were awoken with crisis calls every second day for the minutest of issues — from troubleshooting why a number on a dashboard was incorrect to difficulties in getting access to the right data set! Atlan started with us building tools to make our own data team more agile.
These tools made our team 6x more agile, helping us take on amazing projects like building India's National Data Platform used by India's Prime Minister. The best part — this was built by an eight-member team, the fastest project of its kind to go live, in a record twelve months instead of the projected three years.
💡 We asked, could the tooling we built for ourselves help data teams around the world? That's how Atlan was born. We're on a mission to help data teams around the world do their lives' best work.
Read our co-founder Prukalpa's article on the half-a-decade backstory that drives everything we do at Atlan and our journey of failing three times before we figured out the real solution.
🚀 We're growing fast
In the last few months, we have onboarded some dream customers, started working with some amazing partners, and watched as our team spread across 10+ countries.
Atlan was named a Gartner Cool Vendor in DataOps, one of the top three companies globally (and one of the fastest companies to make the list 🌏). We were also named in Gartner’s inaugural Market Guide for Active Metadata and as a Top 5 Global Innovator in DataOps by IDC.
We're backed by top investors (like Insight Partners, Sequoia, and Waterbridge) and the shapers of the modern data stack (including the founders and CEOs of Snowflake, Looker, Stitch, and DataRobot) as our early investors. 🏅
Watch this three-minute video of our journey so far and where we're going (in conversation with Sequoia Capital).
We build with all our ❤️
We believe that data teams deserve fundamentally better software experiences. Data is chaos, but that doesn't mean that work should be! 🌟
Love what Superhuman, Slack, Notion, Quip, and Figma have done for the modern workplace? Come build the future for data teams with Atlan!
What We Are Building:
- As a Senior Executive Assistant at Atlan, you will play a crucial role in supporting our Co-Founder and Head of People. This remote position demands a versatile professional with 5-8 years of experience in executive support. You will be instrumental in maintaining the rhythm of the business, managing logistics, and ensuring the seamless execution of our leaders' priorities.
- Calendar Management: Efficiently manage daily schedules, prioritise conflicting commitments, and understand key priorities.
- Travel Coordination: Coordinate domestic and international travel, process expense reports, and assist in budget management for travel and events.
- Rhythm of the Business: Own and manage the rhythm of the business, including meeting agendas, note-taking, and follow-up on action items.
- Event Management: Schedule and coordinate logistics for conferences, special events, and company-wide initiatives.
- Liaison and Trusted Partner: Act as a liaison for the Co-Founder and Head of People, exchanging information with senior leaders, customers, board members, and cross-functional teams.
- Proactive Problem Solving: Anticipate the executives' needs, proactively assemble resources to solve problems, and bring forth new ideas to enhance team efficiency.
- Communication and Coordination: Work cross-functionally to ensure efficient communication between teams and meet deadlines with an organised approach.
- Team Events: Lead, drive, and execute various team events, socials, and offsite meetings.
- Backup Support: Provide backup support for other EAs in the department, fostering efficient teamwork.
What Makes You A Great Match?
- Minimum of 5-8 years of experience in executive support, with a focus on supporting multiple executives.
- Proven track record of maintaining complete confidentiality on all business matters.
- Demonstrated ability to actively manage projects in a fast-moving, high-pressure environment.
- Flexibility to work independently or partner with a variety of teams.
- Willingness to support (when needed) during out-of-office hours. Ability to travel as needed (up to 20%).
- Proficiency in Google Workspace/Docs and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with web-based scheduling and collaboration tools.
- Strong communication, planning, organisational, and analytical skills.
- Ability to quickly learn new tools and technologies.
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a desire for constant improvement.
- Excellent common sense and the ability to make appropriate judgement calls autonomously.
- Efficiency in managing executives' calendars and priorities.
- Accuracy and timeliness in travel coordination and expense processing.
- Effectiveness in event management and coordination.
- Proactive problem-solving and contribution to streamlined team processes.
- Satisfaction of the Co-Founder and Head of People with executive support.
What we value:
- Diversity: We strongly believe in growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
- Growth Mindset: We value high-performing individuals who dig into problems and see opportunities for success.
- Truth and Authenticity: We believe in individuals who seek and speak the truth, fostering an environment where everyone can be their whole selves at work.
- Continuous Improvement: We value those who believe improvement is always possible, fostering an environment where everything is a work in progress.Teaching and Learning: We emphasise an environment of teaching and learning, equipping employees with the tools needed for success within their function and the company.