Cloud Engineering Lead
Product and Engineering /
Hello, we are Atlan! 👋
A home for data teams around the world. 🏠
Our work has been recognised across the world — recently, Atlan was chosen for Sequoia Capital's Surge Program, won the Accenture Ventures Program powered by Microsoft 100X100X100 and was recognised as an Emerging Vendor by Gartner for their augmented data catalog. 🌏
Our awesome investors and advisors include WaterBridge Ventures, 500 Startups, Rajan Anandan, Ratan Tata, Manoj Menon, and more. 💙
We are reimagining the human experience of working with data. Join us on our mission of helping data teams around the world do their lives’ best work!
We build with all our ❤️
Our customers work on solving some big, tough problems. We make this experience an absolute delight. The result? Only wins! 🌟
And nothing makes us happier than seeing our customers winning. This is why we are building a team with strong values, love for our users, and people who put their heart and soul in everything they do.
Do your life’s best work 🚀
From man’s first step on the moon to our first flight, there were extraordinary Humans of Data backing the great achievements of mankind. We believe that our achievements in the future — landing on Mars, the cure for cancer, self-driving cars — will always be backed by data teams working behind the scenes.
We are growing our engineering team and are looking for Backend Engineers to help us build seamless collaboration experience for data teams around the world. Want to join the ride?
What will you do? 🤔
- Evaluate cloud strategy and program architecture
- Work on system requirements with application architects and owners
- Ensure the hiring of the right talent and build a high performing team.
- Generate scripts and templates required for the automatic provisioning of resources
- Stay well-informed about the failures and complications related to the cloud.
- Responsible for debugging technical issues inside a complex stack involving virtualization, containers, microservices, etc.
- Collaborate with the engineering teams to enable their applications to run on cloud infrastructure.
- Take ownership of customer Cloud issues and follow up the status of problems with respective workgroups on behalf of the end customer
- During business-critical needs, proactively take calls and manage service levels and abandon rates
- Handling major incidents by coordinating with multiple teams
- Manage outage events proactively and lead from the front while acting as a Priority Event Manager
What makes you a match for us? 😍
- Knowledge of Containerization technologies such as Docker and Pivotal Cloud Foundry Docker, OpenStack, and Public cloud delivery
- Know-how with AWS and/or Azure and/or GCP
- Ability to work on Kubernetes, CI/CD and Scripting languages like bash, python
- Ability to work with Agile methodologies
- Scaling data tools like Spark, Presto, Hive, etc.
- To architect a highly distributed cloud system and respond to operational issues.
- Exceptional verbal, presentation, and written communications skills to convey information clearly to the different audience
Working at Atlan 👨💻 👩💻
- We love open-source. One of our open-source projects was trending worldwide on Github.
- Read about our 10 engineering commandments
- The Why, What, and Who of internships at Atlan
- Engineering demos: How we share knowledge and build better engineering culture
- Going from great people to greater teams: How we think about growth at Atlan
At Atlan, we celebrate diversity and uniqueness. If you are interested in helping us build a home for data teams, we’d suggest you apply now! 👇