Mountain View, United States
Do you live and breathe research, love working with people, and thrive on applying insights to influence product design and strategy? Atlassian is searching for a Researcher to join our growing team in Mountain View.
You will join a dedicated, nimble team that is helping Atlassian achieve its mission, which is to unleash the potential of teams all over the world. In this role, you'll drive and conduct research that informs our ultimate mission and the evolution of our best loved products (including Jira, Confluence, Trello, and Bitbucket).
We have nearly 9M users all around the world—and teams (massive and small) depend on our software to do their work. Organizations like NASA, Twitter, and LinkedIn use Atlassian products every day; our Research team is at the heart of helping uncover what makes these teams work well together.
As a Researcher at Atlassian, you will:
- Make an impact at a huge scale: we're searching for someone to help us to identify and understand the questions we need to answer to move product strategy and execution forward. Your insights and discoveries will help inform not only our company strategy, but also our product experiences and long-term roadmaps.
- Conduct end-to-end research to enrich our understanding of our users (current and future), their needs and the opportunity this uncovers for our products. You'll work with autonomy and creativity every step of the way.
- Contribute to Atlassian's innovative research practice, and develop a deep understanding of how teams of all types work together.
- Work to ensure team engagement in user research studies, and foster a shared understanding of research output to drive research informed decision-making.
On day one, we expect you to have:
- 3+ years of hands-on experience crafting and conducting user research and be able to show how your work has had an impact. We expect to hear stories of how your research influenced product roadmaps and informed design decisions.
- The ability to thrive in a collaborative, creative environment. You are comfortable with ambiguity, enjoy crafting your own research questions, and are capable of identifying the right methodology for the study at hand.
- Experience with a variety of qualitative and quantitative research techniques, along with the knowledge of when and why to apply them. We value your creative thinking in solving research problems, and your ability to bring along your team along in the discovery process.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to influence and drive change. You know how analyze data, to synthesize into a coherent and truthful story, and how to effectively communicate your insights so they resonate with impact.
More about our team
You'll be joining a sharp and passionate team of mixed methods researchers. We work together to continuously improve our craft as researchers and our ability to support Atlassian to build better experiences for our customers and user. We have a mix of embedded and centralised research programs that allows us to both follow the users journey wherever it may take us, as well as have deep impact at the product level. It's all about improving our user's experience no matter who or where it is.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.