Senior Data Scientist
Austin, United States /
Analytics & Data Science /
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Are you an analytics champion with a deep toolset who thrives on helping business partners strategize, implement and measure data-driven initiatives? Do you relish the opportunity to dive headfirst into vast, high-impact projects and make foundational contributions across analytics, strategy and operations? If so, this role is for you!
As a Senior Data Scientist on our Customer Support Services team, you will partner closely with key business leads, focus on some of the most exciting challenges Atlassian faces.
Some examples of what you'll be doing:
- Work with a cross functional team to drive improvement and efficiency in a rapidly scaling and dynamic customer support environment, bringing analytic capabilities and insights to bear
- Develop strong collaborative partnerships with business and operations leaders
- Use compelling data, deep business acumen and exceptional communication to drive business strategy and execution
- Address business challenges, performance bottlenecks and growth opportunities with analytic solutions
- Propose rapid experiments or A/B tests to assess the effect of new strategies or initiatives, and iterate quickly
Some skills and tools you'll use are:
- Analytics: Statistics, data distributions, summary/aggregation methods, operational metric development, ongoing OKR measurement
- Tools: SQL, Tableau, R / Python, Excel, etc.
- Collaboration: Confluence, Jira
More about you:
- You've been working with data for 5+ years and have a BS degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science or other quantitative field.
- You have experience in building business impacting analytic solutions and experience using data to influence operational teams.
- You have strong communication skills (non-technical) and core tech skills.
- To keep pace with our rapid growth you enjoy and are capable of learning new things quickly. You can take an ambiguous assignment and move rapidly to deliver iterative value. You use multiple tools and methods to find trends and correlations by mining data, and couple that with intuition and light-weight tests to prioritize how to drive forward on complicated problems.
- You are someone who actively likes to mentor / grow less experienced analysts.
- You have strong business acumen, love driving strategy, making big changes, and influencing others. You have a history of driving measurable impact in close collaboration with operational colleagues.
- You combine curiosity with critical thinking and good judgment, and like asking "why" to unravel a seemingly complex problem and get to the root cause.
- You know how to gather, document, and interpret business requirements; always knowing how to ask the ‘why’ underpinning all requests.
- You’re a senior ‘pillar of the team’, confident in your business acuity, analytics expertise and communication / coordination skills to push through ambiguity and up-skill those around you.
- When you encounter a problem you come up with multiple solutions, weigh the tradeoffs and efforts, identify the best path forward, and exercise good judgment to drive ahead.
More about our team
We analyze data from a variety of sources, such as support tickets, product analytics and application logs, to understand the friction our customers are facing and work with our development teams to enhance our applications.
We challenge each other constantly to improve our work and ask hard questions. We're direct, focused, and strive for perfection, but there's laughter in every meeting because we thoroughly enjoy the work we do and the impact it has. We're constantly growing, learning, adapting, and trying new things.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.