Community Marketing Data Scientist
San Francisco, United States /
Analytics & Data Science /
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Does the challenge of scaling a fast-growing company by powering it with data and reporting excite you? Using your business instincts and technical creativity, you will build tools to automate reporting and produce insights to allow marketing leaders quickly see how our programs are performing. We're growing quickly, so you'll need to develop the processes for delivering data to colleagues across the marketing organization. You'll be a phenomenal fit for this role if you enjoy finding patterns amidst chaos, making quick decisions, and aren't afraid of being wrong.
Your future team
You will sit on our Marketing Analytics team and partner with our Community & Customer Advocacy Marketing team. The Atlassian Community is a growing group of Atlassian power users who participate in our online forum, attend events and promote our products.
What you'll do
- Define and report on funnel metrics to monitor the health and growth of the Community.
- Use data to understand the role the Community plays in customer experience and the value it has to the Atlassian business.
- Build measurement frameworks that identify and move customers from engaged users to potential champions to brand advocates.
- Collaborate with our Community web analytics and Machine Learning teams to experiment and personalize the web experience.
- 3+ years of experience in data and analytics fields
- Advanced proficiency in SQL
- Proficiency with data visualization best practices and tools such as Tableau
- Knowledge of marketing measurement techniques (attribution, A/B testing, web analytics) and experience with customer engagement metrics (MAU, retention, CSAT)
- Ability to bring multiple data sources together to define metrics and create compelling/accurate stories about business performance
- Experience collaborating with stakeholders, translating data-driven insights into decisions and actions
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.