Senior Product Manager, Bitbucket
Austin, United States
*Also open in San Francisco, CA.
The Bitbucket team at Atlassian delivers one of the top source code collaboration platforms in the world. Our team builds SaaS that serves the needs of 10M+ users from around the globe. We're on a mission to take modern software delivery practices to every professional software team on earth.
As we bring modern DevOps and cloud-native practices to our customers, we are on journey to modernize our platform as well. Our Senior Product Manager will accelerate our ability to bring in the next 10M users by modernizing the core platform. Your focus will include:
• Setting a vision to get Bitbucket from a hybrid model to be completely on the cloud
• Drive the vision and strategy for security of the core platform
• Deeply understanding our largest customers requirements to help build a platform that can address their needs
This role requires a deep understanding of security requirements for cloud software, an understanding of micro services, experience in charting a journey from data-center to the cloud. Additionally, the ability to ruthlessly prioritize, and the technical know-how to partner closely with engineering to execute on the roadmap you define. You will define product strategy for core security, cloud administration, own end-to-end development of your roadmap, and partner daily in a triad with engineering and design.
More about you
• Product management experience at a SaaS company, focusing on security, cloud platforms
• Proven technical proficiency to understand enterprise requirements
• Experience developing a high-level product strategy and roadmap that can span multiple years, communicating it to executive leadership, and rallying a cross-functional team behind it
• A passion for wading into the gnarly day-to-day decisions to help your engineering team get features shipped
• A track record of building relationships and influencing without authority at all levels of the organization.
• You have proven success in building an execution engine that delivers value to customers - fast.
• Ability to build a compelling business case for new opportunities.
• True obsession for your customers – you go out of your way to talk to customers and solve their problems because it’s what gets you out of bed in the morning.
• Outstanding track record with engineers, design and cross functional partners: people love to work with you!
• You are familiar with concepts like DevOps and understanding of Docker, Kubernetes.
It’s great, but not required, if you have
• 5+ years of Product Management experience
• Computer science or a related technical degree, or prior experience as a software engineer
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.