Senior Data Scientist
Do you get excited by the challenge of scaling a fast-growing company with data, algorithms, and machine learning? Using your technical creativity and thought leadership, you will be a valuable part of a team of data scientists, developers and analysts within our Customer Support and Success org. This team is responsible for developing new capabilities in: prediction, prescriptive analytics, and data-informed automation. We’re growing quickly, so you'll need to be a fast-learner of new approaches, technologies, and collaborate effectively. You'll be a great fit for this role if you have a solid sense of urgency, enjoy connecting datasets to find patterns, and are unwilling to accept the status quo.
Data science at Atlassian is multidisciplinary. The perfect fit is someone who can dig into the business challenge, understand the data available or needed, and identify opportunities for improvement, and deliver on that opportunity using a combination of programming and machine learning skills.. We want a difference maker, a talented data scientist who can partner with business domain experts to build effective solutions and drive business value. It's a team effort. Bringing advanced capabilities and picking up new skills is part of how we'll go far together.
In this role:
- You will work with other data scientists to forecast support issue volume, identifying early indicators of emerging issues, and estimating impact through sampling and simulation
- You will use machine learning to automate manual tasks and generate insights to reduce customer friction and increase Atlassian’s support effectiveness
- You will work with large volume and variability of customer, product, and support data to drive strategic decisions and power critical processes in Atlassian
- You will educate and learn from data science and internal analytics teams across the company on new methodologies and approaches·
- You will work with tools such as: Spark, Databricks, Docker, Python (Flask), AWS (S3, Athena)
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Five years of relevant experience working on data science problems at scale in production environments
- Experience creating and deploying machine learning solutions in production environments
- Unwavering curiosity and desire to create and scale a data-driven organisation to power new levels of customer support
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and great attention to detail and data integrity
- Advanced proficiency in SQL and are proficient with data science libraries and packages in Python and/or R
- Skills with solution design, problem framing, general consulting and influencing
It's also great if:
- You have keen business insight and ability to map business challenges to data science opportunities
- You have the ability to tell stories through data that resonate with executive leadership
- You possess an advanced degree in a quantitative discipline, such as statistics, economics, mathematics, or computer science
- You have a sense of humor
More about our team
We analyse data from a variety of sources, such as support tickets, product analytics and application logs, to understand the friction our customers are facing and work with our development teams to enhance our applications.
We challenge each other constantly to improve our work and ask hard questions. We're direct, focused, and strive for perfection, but there's laughter in every meeting because we thoroughly enjoy the work we do and the impact it has. We're constantly growing, learning, adapting, and trying new things.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.