Data Science Manager, Experimentation
Mountain View, United States
We are looking for a Data Science Manager to join our Core Analytics team. This person will lead the experimentation and data quality center of excellence (COE) team.
The ideal candidate will be the authority on experimentation and data quality with hand-on experience in development, execution and evangelism of standards and measurement methodologies. You’ll play a key role in shifting the culture of the organization to adopt and properly utilize experimentation and data quality standards. The ideal candidate has experience building or growing a mature testing program as well as a solid grounding in statistics in the context of experimentation. The candidate should also have excellent communication with ability to partner with various multi-functional teams to understand requirements, develop, test, and deploy quickly.
In this role, you'll get to
- Lead a team of high-performing experimentation data scientists and data quality specialists
- Develop a longer term vision for experimentation and data quality at Atlassian and set standards and processes
- Establish program success metrics and develop a scalable monitoring framework to measure the performance of the program over time.
- Act as an air traffic controller to prioritize projects across the team and allocate resources to meet business and team goals
- Define and implement a data driven process for proposing, prioritizing, and scheduling experiments.
- Evangelize experimentation and instrumentation (data quality) standardization to the organization and educate partners & on key concepts.
- Partner with multi-functional teams such as engineering, product management, measurement platform, and various data teams to develop standard practices
On the first day, we'll expect you to have
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, Political Science, or related quantitative or social sciences field
- 7+ years of industry experience as experimentation practitioner with 2+ years people management experience
- Experience with statistical hypothesis testing, statistical models, causal inference techniques
- Experience using a 3rd party testing tool or in-house tools
- Background in at least one programming language (e.g., R, Python, Java)
- Strong verbal and written communication, and presentation skills
- Excellent judgment, critical-thinking, and decision-making skills; can balance attention to detail with swift execution
- Able to partner with different functional teams, form relationships, and influence others to get work done
It's great, but not required, if you have
- Previously worked with global teams, preferably within B2B Saas industry
More about our team
The Growth & Core Analytics team is passionate about making our customers successful, starting with an intimate understanding of their product portfolio and user behavior. We are responsible for guiding Atlassian through a multi-year initiative to build and promote growth across our Cloud products to meet the needs all customers and prospects. Critically, we collaborate with a wide range of teams in Atlassian to ultimately drive action and make customers widely successful with our products.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.