Backend Development Engineer
Austin, United States /
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, we will provide the choice to work from home or return to work in an office unless a job requirement makes it necessary for a particular role to be performed at an Atlassian office.
Atlassian helps teams everywhere change the world through the power of software and we are looking for a well-rounded developer to join Atlassian's security development team. This team is responsible for building and operating mature software systems to improve the entire company's security posture. As an Engineer, you’ll be part of a team responsible for crafting, implementing, monitoring, scaling, and optimizing the code that powers platform services.
If you are a strong software developer interested in developing your info security expertise, this role is a rare opportunity to do just that!
What You Do
- Implement solutions that meet performance, scalability, reliability, high availability, and operation excellence goals.
- Follow agile software development methodologies, such as CI/CD and you build it, you run it
- Understand system interdependencies and limitations in a micro-service architecture
- Breakdown problems into simple, elegant solutions
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Proficiency in any modern programming language (preferably Go or Python)
- Experience building APIs and associated authentication mechanisms
- Don't worry if you aren't a security pro
- Experience building software with a focus on operational excellence
- Experience building large scale distributed systems using AWS or other cloud services
- Excellent interpersonal skills to both technical and non-technical audiences
- An understanding of how to use metrics to guide technical decisions
- Familiarity with security systems would be a huge bonus (but not a requirement)
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.