Senior Product Designer, Design System
Sydney, Australia /
Customer Experience /
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
With a sufficient timezone overlap with the team, we’re able to hire eligible candidates for this role from any location in Australia and New Zealand. If this sparks your interest, apply today and chat with our friendly Recruitment team further.
Are you passionate about design systems? Atlassian is searching for a passionate senior designer to help us unlock the potential of all product teams at Atlassian through our design system.
The Atlassian Design System allows our product teams to move fast and build familiar quality experiences that users know and love. As a senior designer on the team, you will drive initiatives to improve the experience of the end users of our products as well as improving how product teams design and build day-today.
As Atlassian grows as a company, this team is also growing to meet the increasingly varied needs of all product teams. You will play a pivotal role in scaling the impact of this team as it grows.
In this role you'll get to:
- Unlock and amplify the potential of designers and engineers across Atlassian through the Atlassian Design System.
- Drive the improvement of existing components and development of new components to be used across all of Atlassian’s family of products.
- Be accountable for quality and create usage guidelines to help shape the future of Atlassian Design System.
- Apply your strong user experience design skills across research, design and execution.
- Mentor designers and collaborate with a cross-functional team across a range of products and time zones.
- Be a strong advocate and educator for the design system.
- Keep a pulse on the constantly changing strategy and trends in product design to harness the attitudes and opinions of designers from across the company.
On day one we'll expect you to have:
- Experience working on (and simplifying) complex design systems that span multiple products and platforms.
- Solid track record of shipping accessible experiences that users love.
- Extensive product design experience.
- Deep understanding of how Figma’s component libraries work, experience creating libraries and using Figma for prototyping.
- Experience conducting research and validating design choices through user testing and other data.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to be a design system evangelist outside of the team.
- Strong facilitation and cross-functional collaboration skills: you can demonstrate the ability to work across multiple teams, solicit and synthesize feedback, and facilitate design discussions.
- Ability to mentor junior members of the team.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience using Service Design as a means of improving product experiences.
- A passion for design operations and experience training others in design processes and tools.
- Ideally, you've got some technical chops: you understand your way around code, even if just at a basic level.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Atlassian is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all individuals participating in the application and interview process, and while performing job functions. Please note that you will have the opportunity to request accommodations at each stage of the assessment process. To request accommodations before scheduling an interview, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will follow up shortly.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.