Senior Internal Communications Manager, Technology
Mountain View, United States
Do you want to influence the next chapter of a remarkable company -- with the chance to make an impact on organizational culture and business growth? Atlassian is looking for a communications leader to serve as an essential partner to our Chief Technology Officer and engineering leadership team, helping to clearly articulate and share details about the programs and initiatives that matter to employees. You will be on the global brand and communications team and will report into the Head of Internal Communications.
You’re passionate about the opportunity to influence thousands of employees at one of the leading tech brands in the world. You're interested in or excited about technology and software. You have a knack for developing engaging content and simplifying complex concepts to ensure our employees understand what they need to know and do to help the company succeed. You'll always find ways to improve communications and are comfortable providing counsel and an opinion to senior leaders. You're excited to measure the impact of your programs so that we are always on a path of continuous improvement.
- Build and run global internal communications programs as a self-starter who can operate independently.
- Work closely with technology leaders, serving as a strategic guide and tactical partner to help engage our distributed team.
- Lead grassroots efforts to more fully engage the wider engineering community, using our values to connect with employees.
- Play a key role in internal content creation and maintain a cadence of messaging using various channels, from blogging and other digital comms to face-to-face sessions and small informal meetings.
- Create a unified voice and common messaging for the leadership team.
- Ghostwrite, craft and edit messaging platforms, executive speaking points, speeches, FAQs, blogs, narratives, playbooks, and presentations.
- Coordinate and run internal events, such as town halls and Q&A sessions.
- Manage community feedback and address online comments or questions.
On your first day, we'll expect you to:
- Have 10+ years of experience in internal communications or employee communications, both as strategic counsel and tactical creator.
- Possess top-notch decision-making skills with the ability to prioritize.
- Be a natural writer, able to personally pen content for engineering or technical initiatives.
- Collaborate with our Creative team to develop visually appealing content that tells a story.
- Have a high-energy approach and high emotional intelligence, matched with the ability to get stuff done in innovative ways.
It's great but not required if you have:
- A history in the software industry, with insight into tech history, culture, and tech nomenclature.
- B2C and B2B experience, or at least an informed point-of-view on what makes brands stand out to attract, hire and retain employees.
- Experience handling communications for diversity & inclusion initiatives (we say balance & belonging at Atlassian) and galvanizing team's around these programs.
More about our team
We are motivated by business impact, and every project has one owner who is empowered as the key decision-maker. We define success metrics upfront and restlessly drive towards them. We dig into the details but are at home in ambiguous situations. We embrace our “open company, no bull$#*t” value and have the grit to say it like it is. We're good listeners, especially the voice of our customer. We move really fast. We take risks and fail (which is OK!). We take away key lessons to ensure we don't repeat the same mistakes again. We play as a team.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.