Senior Product Manager
Gdansk, Poland /
Product Management /
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
Atlassian’s Data Center products are self-managed versions of our world-leading agile collaboration tools, built for the enterprise. Working as a Data Center Product manager means working with and improving the experience of thousands of fascinating customers including Airbnb, NASA, Cisco, eBay and Toyota! Helping unleash the potential of millions of users. Product Managers at Atlassian are responsible for the complete product offering in collaboration with every other function, from early-stage research and ideation, through implementation and iteration based on key success metrics.
We're agile and lean. Most of all, our values guide us in how we work and the software we build.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Be at the forefront of how Atlassian helps some of the largest companies in the world continue to succeed and grow
- Build customer trust in how Jira Data Center works at very large scales, in terms of stability, scalability, reliability, and performance
- Develop and execute a strategic roadmap spanning multiple teams, working closely with other product managers, teams and leadership
- Plan and execute product improvements and initiatives that balance requirements gathered from customers, market analysis, broader company strategy and resource constraints
- Manage the backlog and incoming feature requests for at least one engineering team, as well as define success metrics
- Contribute to customer growth and existing customers' retention through a combination of innovation and well planned enhancements
- Form relationships with engineers, designers, support and other customer-facing teams on delivering outstanding solutions to tricky problems
- Keep a finger on the pulse of the industry to ensure that we build today what our customers will want to use tomorrow
- Work on products in huge and very competitive markets, addressing customer needs across the entire spectrum, from small teams to massive enterprises.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Hands-on experience working on a successful B2B software product, demonstrating outstanding PM craft with agile teams
- Data-informed approach, analytical abilities and an inquisitive mind
- Strong collaboration skills, relationship building, ability to manage multiple stakeholders and to influence across teams and departments
- Ability to prioritise among competing opportunities, balance customer needs with business priorities, and articulate the rationale behind decisions to a range of audiences
- Computer Science or related technical degree strongly preferred. The problem and solution spaces tend to be highly technical in nature, and you will need to work closely with senior engineers on deep technical explorations, solutions, and decisions
- Flexibility to work with colleagues and customers across multiple timezones (including Australia and California)
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English.
More about you
Senior PMs at Atlassian are deeply understand the customers and market they are serving. They are highly proficient at running projects end-to-end, and are entrusted to make smart roadmap trade-offs. They are balancing the tactical demands of today against the strategic needs of tomorrow. Senior PMs actively work with product leaders to set the strategic direction and OKRs for their product(s)/initiative(s). It's common for them to be stringing together larger sets of work with other PMs who they are coaching and growing.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, outstanding ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Software is changing the world, and we’re at the center of it all. With a customer list that reads like a who's who in tech, and a highly disruptive business model, we’re advancing the art of team collaboration with products like Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.