Principal Product Manager
Mountain View, United States /
Product Management /
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, we will provide the choice to work from home or return to work in an office unless a job requirement makes it necessary for a particular role to be performed at an Atlassian office.
Our team is defined by our connection to customers along every step of the process-we empathize with their challenges and are passionate about creating solutions to understand, validate, and solve their problems. Collaboration is our glue, whether it is working with engineering, design, project management and product marketing. From the smallest details to two year planning and vision, we’re the meeting point of business, technology and customer solutions—and we love it every step of the way.
As a Principal Product manager, you will work with development teams based in Sydney and Mountain View to define, build and champion cloud and on-premise technologies, web-native, API-focused platform. Your work will impact customers and partners now and for the next 10 years, as you will are defining the foundations for how people will connect using content.
You will inspire and energize teams across Atlassian to define the vision, evaluate product opportunities, analyze industry trends as well as customer and partner needs, and prioritize features and improvements. Your work will impact millions of users including some of the leaders in their industries, now and for the next decade, as you define the foundations for how teams connect, collaborate, and accomplish amazing things.
More about you:
- You love working hard to make products as amazing as possible for customers.
- You have prior success in leading product teams, setting product vision and strategy and launching excellent products.
- You can lead the team through setting clear goals, making decisions, and communicating crisply to your team, to leaders across Atlassian, and to our customers and partners.
- You’ve got charisma in spades: you’re social and adept at building relationships across product lines and functional groups to ensure we are all on the same page.
- You are deeply analytical and have a passion for user experience. You often think in first principles and are familiar with building platforms.
On your first day we'll expect you to have:
- Significant experience in product management at a fast-growing software company and experience of running a product team
- A love for developing and mentoring Product Managers both individually and as part of a cohesive outcome oriented team
- Passion and ability to mentor and guide teams, so they can understand the big picture and how their work fits in
- You love obsessing over your customers, and have experience working directly with design and engineering to ship delightful user experiences and powerful APIs
- Ability to make high quality decisions quickly in situations with ambiguity
It's great, but not required, if you have:
- BE/BS/BA with an emphasis in technology, IT or operations
- Experience with building platform or cross-product user experiences
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.