Senior Product Designer, Jira Product Discovery
Amsterdam, Netherlands /
Customer Experience /
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Jira Product Discovery is a product for product managers, so they can build what matters with a place to capture insights and opportunities, prioritize impact, and rally teams behind product plans – from discovery through delivery.
This senior product design role is a unique opportunity to join a fast moving team on the cutting edge of modern product craft. You’ll be joining a product-led company where product managers set strategy and lead teams towards ambitious goals.You’ll get to tackle scaling problems on a growing, forward-thinking team with product market fit. Additionally, you will own redefining complex problems into simple, elegant, and intuitive user experiences for operations teams. At the same time you’ll use the resources, brand, and scale of a global Fortune 100 company.
We're seeking a problem-solver, who loves talking to customers, and has a track record of building experiences around different system integrations. Do you get weirdly passionate about small details that can make or break a feature? Do you find yourself thinking for hours about the future of enterprise software? Then this job could be for you!
Does this sound like you:
- 6+ years of professional product design experience, bonus points if it was for SaaS platforms.
- Expertise in product design (UI, UX, and Research) and modern tooling e.g. Figma, Miro, and Keynote.
- Very strong visual design skills, bonus point if you designed a consumer-grade product
- Experience designing products that integrate well with ADG and other various platform components.
- See things through a customer centric lens
- Have a strong history of optimally collaborating with a team of designers, engineers, product managers, and additional key partners.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to operate with uncertainty and make data driven decisions without complete evidence
- Enjoy designing experiments using a combination of qualitative and quantitative data to measure success – you’re also not afraid to admit when you are wrong about a hypothesis.
- Ability to work well in fast-paced teams that ship often.
- Have experience in high growth startups and building minimum viable products.
- Bonus: some technical experience – you can read (and understand) code at a basic level in order to influence your designs and constraints you may need to take into account.
What will you do?
- Co-own several major product experiences to help grow the Jira Product Discovery business.
- Bring a hypothesis driven, data advised approach to your work.
- Spend as much time getting to know and understand our customers as possible, analyzing their feedback to influence design decisions.
- Work closely with product managers and engineers to define product specs and iterate on experiences as they are delivered.
- Collaborate across other teams at Atlassian to encourage cross-flow and platform adoption that enables Atlassian as a whole to scale.
- Help maintain, improve, and scale our current product experience.
- Collaborate with other designers and product managers to provide input on the long term vision of the Halp product experience.
With a sufficient timezone overlap with the team, we’re able to hire eligible candidates for this role from Poland, France, Germany, the Netherlands and the United Kingdom. If this sparks your interest, apply today and chat with our friendly Recruitment team further.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.