Risk Strategy & Analytics (Associate/Manager)
The trucking and logistics industry provides the backbone of the economy. But the payments infrastructure on which it runs is broken. For the hard-working men and women of this sector, the existing suite of payment tools is outdated, difficult to use, prone to fraud, and saddled with shady fee structures. The incumbent players in this space often overlook the economic and practical needs of this user base.
We're changing that. AtoB is building Stripe for Transportation — modernizing the payments infrastructure for trucking and logistics. Supply chains rely on the timely movement of capital to function efficiently. Our end game is a world in which that capital movement occurs fairly, smoothly, and without delay. As we pursue that end game, we aim to center our customers in every way — offering them world-class customer experience and building products that work with and around the unique constraints of their daily lives. We build for fleet managers in the office and drivers on the road. We strive for products that are efficient, satisfying, and useful. Our customers enable our modern economy — they deserve it.
Our history and background
Our founding team has backgrounds working on autonomous vehicles at Cruise Automation, leading ops and growth for Uber, engineering at Amazon, building apps that were featured on the Apple app store, working on small business credit at Square & Goldman Sachs, and completing other great projects.
We have raised over $100 million in venture capital from investors such as General Catalyst, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator; founders and CEOs of companies like Google (Eric Schmidt), Salesforce (Marc Benioff), Coinbase, DoorDash, Instacart, Mozilla, Wealthfront, Segment, Gusto, Figma; CxOs and founding team members of Uber, PayPal and Stripe; angels like Elad Gil, Naval Ravikant, Gokul Rajaram; and other funds such as Climate Capital, Contrary Capital, Collaborative Fund, Designer Fund, Human Capital, Leadout, XYZ Capital, among others.
We are excited to open up more seats in this rocket ship!
About the role
The Risk Strategy & Analytics team at AtoB is responsible for analyzing credit risk and fraud across the business, developing policies and strategies to proactively identify and mitigate this risk, and operationalizing risk mitigation by building tools, processes, and operations. As an Associate or Manager in the Risk Strategy & Analytics team, you will be directly responsible for shaping AtoB’s risk strategy in a hands-on, data-driven way.
What you'll do
- Analyze complex data sets, including small business application data, card processing transactions, and repayment data to measure and identify patterns of risk
- Develop and improve risk strategy and policies, to inform credit risk underwriting, account and transaction monitoring, and billing and collections
- Launch and directly manage risk processes and operations, including taking ownership of day-to-day risk operations
- Partner with other functions, including risk engineering, to develop tools and systems to proactively identify and mitigate business risk
- Contribute to building the broader risk team and function at AtoB
- You have 2-6+ years of experience in credit risk, fraud, operations, quantitative finance, data analytics, data science, or a similar role
- You have strong data analysis skills, and are comfortable scoping ambiguous problems and making decisions with data
- You have experience in SQL; or experience in Python and/or R and willingness to learn SQL
- You have a bias to action and are excited to solve challenging problems quickly while building for scale
- Remote within US/Canada
- Salary is negotiable and commensurate with years of experience
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k) matching
- Competitive equity