IT Helpdesk Specialist
San Francisco /
Full Time - Onsite
The trucking and logistics industry provides the backbone of the economy. But the payments infrastructure on which it runs is broken. For the hard-working men and women of this sector, the existing suite of payment tools is outdated, difficult to use, prone to fraud, and saddled with shady fee structures. The incumbent players in this space often overlook the economic and practical needs of this user base.
We're changing that. AtoB is building Stripe for Transportation — modernizing the payments infrastructure for trucking and logistics. Supply chains rely on the timely movement of capital to function efficiently. Our end game is a world in which that capital movement occurs fairly, smoothly, and without delay. As we pursue that end game, we aim to center our customers in every way — offering them world-class customer experience and building products that work with and around the unique constraints of their daily lives. We build for fleet managers in the office and drivers on the road. We strive for products that are efficient, satisfying, and useful. Our customers enable our modern economy — they deserve it.
Our history and background
Our founding team has backgrounds working on autonomous vehicles at Cruise Automation, leading ops and growth for Uber, building apps that were featured on the Apple app store, and completing other great projects. We have staff and senior engineers from Google, Uber, Meta, Shopify, etc.
We have raised over $100 million in venture capital from investors such as General Catalyst, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator; founders and CEOs of companies like Google (Eric Schmidt), Salesforce (Marc Benioff), Coinbase, DoorDash, Instacart, Mozilla, Wealthfront, Segment, Gusto, Figma; CxOs and founding team members of Uber, PayPal and Stripe; angels like Elad Gil, Naval Ravikant, Gokul Rajaram; and other funds such as Climate Capital, Contrary Capital, Collaborative Fund, Designer Fund, Human Capital, Leadout, XYZ Capital, among others.
We are excited to open up more seats in this rocket ship!
Help the AtoB team be our first strategic support partner. Ensure the successful operation of new hires, account off-boards and critical business systems with a global team.
We are looking for a HelpDesk Technician to join the IT Support team to provide thoughtful and individualized support for all AtoB employees. We are looking for individuals who can work in a fast paced environment and work autonomously to deliver team oriented results.
You have the ability to take initiative on tickets and contribute to project design and implementation. You are skilled at writing, updating and maintaining technical documentation and sending directed comms. You are comfortable working as an individual contributor on a global team that is driving towards a common goal.
You love problem solving and collaborating with others to provide world class support. Being the best fit for this position means you are both humble and confident. You strive towards excellence but understand your limitations and don’t hesitate to ask for help when needed.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware
- Respond to queries either in person, email, Slack or ticketing system
- Walk customers through problem-solving processes
- Provide in-person IT HelpDesk assistance to AtoB employees, contingent workers, and vendors
- Facilitate the provisioning of AtoB laptops for new hire on-boarding and fleet upgrades
- Troubleshoot IT scripts, systems, or automation
- Onboard and support third-party vendors and/or contractors
- Update, and maintain detailed external and internal IT documentation
- Assist with new hire onboarding and training curriculum
- Possess 2+ years of experience in IT HelpDesk experience
- Possess strong working knowledge of Apple systems and software
- Possess strong working knowledge of Google Workspace, Slack, Zoom, AWS, etc.
- Possess understanding of script execution and troubleshooting (ex: Ruby, Bash, Python)
- Possess working knowledge of imaging/endpoint management tools (DEP, Munki, Chef, JSS)
- Can independently manage and prioritize workload and projects
- Possess outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Is empathetic, humble, and possess a strong focus on customer service
- Bay Area compensation offered for all US and Canadian based employees.
- Work at our brand new San Francisco office.
- We offer competitive and comprehensive benefits along with unlimited PTO and 401(K) match.