The trucking and logistics industry provides the backbone of the economy. But the payments infrastructure on which it runs is broken. For the hard-working men and women of this sector, the existing suite of payment tools is outdated, difficult to use, prone to fraud, and saddled with shady fee structures. The incumbent players in this space often overlook the economic and practical needs of this user base.
We're changing that. AtoB is building Stripe for Transportation — modernizing the payments infrastructure for trucking and logistics. Supply chains rely on the timely movement of capital to function efficiently. Our end game is a world in which that capital movement occurs fairly, smoothly, and without delay. As we pursue that end game, we aim to center our customers in every way — offering them world-class customer experience and building products that work with and around the unique constraints of their daily lives. We build for fleet managers in the office and drivers on the road. We strive for products that are efficient, satisfying, and useful. Our customers enable our modern economy — they deserve it.
Our history and background
Our founding team has backgrounds working on autonomous vehicles at Cruise Automation, leading ops and growth for Uber, building apps that were featured on the Apple app store, and completing other great projects. We have staff and senior engineers from Google, Uber, Meta, Shopify, Airbnb, etc.
We have raised over $100 million in venture capital from investors such as General Catalyst, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator; founders and CEOs of companies like Google (Eric Schmidt), Salesforce (Marc Benioff), Coinbase, DoorDash, Instacart, Mozilla, Wealthfront, Segment, Gusto, Figma; CxOs and founding team members of Uber, PayPal and Stripe; angels like Elad Gil, Naval Ravikant, Gokul Rajaram; and other funds such as Climate Capital, Contrary Capital, Collaborative Fund, Designer Fund, Human Capital, Leadout, XYZ Capital, among others.
We are excited to open up more seats in this rocket ship!
About the role:
A successful candidate will underwrite fuel cards for small businesses in accordance to the company’s policy and procedures while observant of risk tolerance, company growth, and profitability objectives.
In this role you will:
- Underwrite customer applications for risk and credit decisions
- Use model outputs and tools built in-house by our Risk Technology teams, and validate results with personal expertise to help make key credit decisions for customer accounts
- Develop expertise in credit and debt management
- Engage cross-functionally (accounts, engineering, etc.) to ensure we are managing accounts fairly, accurately, and competitively
- Participate in special projects focused on our risk operations, such as collaborating with our data science and engineering teams to improve our models and tools.
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years of experience working in a commercial underwriting role at a FinTech/bank/financial institution. Small business lending experience preferred
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills
- Experience collaborating with stakeholders
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to use reasonable and sound judgment
Compensation and Benefits:
- Compensation: We are offering competitive compensation for this role.
- Location: We are a remote team distributed across the US and Canada. You can work from wherever you want!