People Operations Leader
San Francisco /
Full Time - Onsite
The trucking and logistics industry provides the backbone of the economy. But the payments infrastructure on which it runs is broken. For the hard-working men and women of this sector, the existing suite of payment tools is outdated, difficult to use, prone to fraud, and saddled with shady fee structures. The incumbent players in this space often overlook the economic and practical needs of this user base.
We're changing that. AtoB is building Stripe for Transportation — modernizing the payments infrastructure for trucking and logistics. Supply chains rely on the timely movement of capital to function efficiently. Our end game is a world in which that capital movement occurs fairly, smoothly, and without delay. As we pursue that end game, we aim to center our customers in every way — offering them world-class customer experience and building products that work with and around the unique constraints of their daily lives. We build for fleet managers in the office and drivers on the road. We strive for products that are efficient, satisfying, and useful. Our customers enable our modern economy — they deserve it.
Our history and background
Our founding team has backgrounds working on autonomous vehicles at Cruise Automation, leading ops and growth for Uber, building apps that were featured on the Apple app store, and completing other great projects. We have staff and senior engineers from Google, Uber, Meta, Shopify, etc.
We have raised over $100 million in venture capital from investors such as General Catalyst, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator; founders and CEOs of companies like Google (Eric Schmidt), Salesforce (Marc Benioff), Coinbase, DoorDash, Instacart, Mozilla, Wealthfront, Segment, Gusto, Figma; CxOs and founding team members of Uber, PayPal and Stripe; angels like Elad Gil, Naval Ravikant, Gokul Rajaram; and other funds such as Climate Capital, Contrary Capital, Collaborative Fund, Designer Fund, Human Capital, Leadout, XYZ Capital, among others.
We are excited to open up more seats in this rocket ship!
Learn more about our mission, culture, and background on our Careers Page.
- Maintain data integrity in various HR + payroll systems with a high level of accuracy and confidentiality to ensure compliance with global regulations
- Compile and maintain electronic employee records and conduct file audits as needed (this includes background checks, new hire paperwork (I-9s), employee status changes, pay changes, job changes, and leaves of absence)
- Build and execute processes supporting the employee lifecycle including onboarding, transfers, global expansions, offboarding, and more
- Coordinates logistics for new hire orientation (this includes collaborating with AtoB’s internal IT department to ensure new hires receive necessary materials)
- Assist with open enrollment and benefits evaluation
- Run payroll for all workforces, including staying up to date on local laws and regulations
- Build out people compliance, including staying up to date on local laws and regulations
- Review and process payroll, including reviewing timesheets, payrules, hours/activity, deductions, etc.
- Has experience in all areas of people operations, including payroll, benefits, compliance, leave, immigration, onboarding, offboarding, etc.
- Has 5+ years of experience in HR, preferably in a fast-paced startup environment
- Has 5+ years of multi-state experience administering payroll and employee benefits
- Has 5+ years of experience with HRIS + ATS technologies (Rippling and Lever are preferred)
- Has 3+ years of people management experience
- Is self directed with excellent communication and team working skills
- Has a hard working, roll up your sleeves mentality, with the ability to research and learn what they don't know
- Values teamwork skills; display honest, trustworthy and collaborative behavior when dealing with employees and vendors
- Love for building and executing HR processes during a time of high growth
Compensation and Benefits
- Bay Area compensation offered for all US and Canada based employees. At this time, we are unable to sponsor visas for this role
- We are a remote-first company, though there is strong preference for this role to sit in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- We offer competitive and comprehensive benefits, including unlimited time off and 401(K) match.