The trucking and logistics industry provides the backbone of the economy. But the payments infrastructure on which it runs is broken. For the hard-working men and women of this sector, the existing suite of payment tools is outdated, difficult to use, prone to fraud, and saddled with shady fee structures. The incumbent players in this space often overlook the economic and practical needs of this user base.
We're changing that. AtoB is building Stripe for Transportation — modernizing the payments infrastructure for trucking and logistics. Supply chains rely on the timely movement of capital to function efficiently. Our end game is a world in which that capital movement occurs fairly, smoothly, and without delay. As we pursue that end game, we aim to center our customers in every way — offering them world-class customer experience and building products that work with and around the unique constraints of their daily lives. We build for fleet managers in the office and drivers on the road. We strive for products that are efficient, satisfying, and useful. Our customers enable our modern economy — they deserve it.
Our history and background
Our founding team has backgrounds working on autonomous vehicles at Cruise Automation, leading ops and growth for Uber, engineering at Amazon, building apps that were featured on the Apple app store, working on small business credit at Square & Goldman Sachs, and completing other great projects.
We have raised over $100 million in venture capital from investors such as General Catalyst, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator; founders and CEOs of companies like Google (Eric Schmidt), Salesforce (Marc Benioff), Coinbase, DoorDash, Instacart, Mozilla, Wealthfront, Segment, Gusto, Figma; CxOs and founding team members of Uber, PayPal and Stripe; angels like Elad Gil, Naval Ravikant, Gokul Rajaram; and other funds such as Climate Capital, Contrary Capital, Collaborative Fund, Designer Fund, Human Capital, Leadout, XYZ Capital, among others.
We are excited to open up more seats in this rocket ship!
Risk at AtoB
Risk is a critical function to enable sustainable growth at AtoB. We've established an early team of risk analysts with a mix of backgrounds from startups like Square, Robinhood, Stripe, and Upwork, traditional financial institutions, government lenders, and small businesses just like our customers. We are looking for a Risk Lead who will lead and scale this team while building the processes, tools, and reporting to help us manage our next phase of growth and beyond.
We are currently a small but mighty team. We are looking for someone who is willing to jump head-first into on-the-ground risk issues, quickly identifying immediate paths to resolution, while designing the solutions and building the team that will scale for the long run.
What you'll do
- Defining key risk indicators and metrics, and leading informed strategic and operational decisions to measure and manage AtoB's risk profile across operations, credit, fraud, and compliance risk
- Designing and launching risk management processes as we onboard new customers, launch new products, and enter new markets
- Building and sustaining a world-class team of risk managers and risk analysts who act as the front-line of defence for managing risk at AtoB
- Collaborating closely with other functions including Sales, Product & Engineering, Operations, and Customer Support & Success to identify risk exposure, develop internal tools for risk management, and communicate decisions to the business and to our customer base
- Developing relationships with external stakeholders to manage compliance, credit bureau reporting, KYB and fraud vendors, and other risk-related partnerships
- 5 to 7 years of experience in risk management, risk operations, and/or fraud
- Experience scaling a risk function or team at a high-growth fintech start-up, including hiring and managing a team of risk managers and analysts
- Experience with small business credit, KYB requirements, business payments, and/or card products
- Experience with or interest in the trucking and logistics industry
- Data analysis skills, including experience with SQL
Nice to have:
- Remote within US/Canada
- Salary negotiable
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k) matching
- Competitive equity