Director, SMB Sales
Full Time - Remote /
The trucking and logistics industry provides the backbone of the economy. But the payments infrastructure on which it runs is broken. For the hard-working men and women of this sector, the existing suite of payment tools is outdated, difficult to use, prone to fraud, and saddled with shady fee structures. The incumbent players in this space often overlook the economic and practical needs of this user base.
We're changing that. AtoB is building Stripe for Transportation — modernizing the payments infrastructure for trucking and logistics. Supply chains rely on the timely movement of capital to function efficiently. Our end game is a world in which that capital movement occurs fairly, smoothly, and without delay. As we pursue that end game, we aim to center our customers in every way — offering them world-class customer experience and building products that work with and around the unique constraints of their daily lives. We build for fleet managers in the office and drivers on the road. We strive for products that are efficient, satisfying, and useful. Our customers enable our modern economy — they deserve it.
Our history and background
Our founding team has backgrounds in payments, working on autonomous vehicles at Cruise Automation, leading ops and growth for Uber, and building apps that were featured on the Apple app store. We have staff and senior engineers from Google, Uber, Meta, Shopify, Affirm, and other leading technology companies.
We have raised over $100 million in venture capital from investors such as General Catalyst, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator; founders and CEOs of companies like Google (Eric Schmidt), Salesforce (Marc Benioff), Coinbase, DoorDash, Instacart, Mozilla, Wealthfront, Segment, Gusto, Figma; CxOs and founding team members of Uber, PayPal and Stripe; angels like Elad Gil, Naval Ravikant, Gokul Rajaram; and other funds such as Climate Capital, Contrary Capital, Collaborative Fund, Designer Fund, Human Capital, Leadout, XYZ Capital, among others.
We were named to Forbes annual Next Billion-Dollar Startup List, and have just recently been selected to join the World Economic Forum as a Global Innovator.
Learn more about our mission, culture, and background on our Careers Page.
AtoB is looking for a passionate leader to develop and manage our sales team. You will be responsible for planning, organizing, and leading a growing sales organization. Your leadership will directly help AtoB drive revenue against our annual sales quotas, and scale up our company. Your entrepreneurship will be a valuable contribution to developing AtoB’s sales strategy, increasing the size and impact of the team and establishing a winning and well-executed culture. This role reports directly to our company's founders.
- Act as a key driving force in continuing AtoB’s sales team growth, especially in our SMB segments
- Create the vision for sales growth and help our Sales Managers execute in tandem with their teams
- Build predictable and repeatable sales funnel processes and best practices across multiple teams, including sales development, professional services, and sales enablement/training
- Partner with cross functional efforts across Sales Ops, Finance, Product, Marketing, and Risk to remove obstacles and close deals
- Oversee our BPO sales team
- Solidify and scale the sales process
- Strong empathy and desire to help people
- 7+ years of sales success, preferably in a high growth company
- 3+ years of leadership experience, with experience leading a team of sales managers
- (Preferred) Experience in high transaction volume or financial services sales
- Proven ability to work with and influence cross-functional teams and departments in a rapidly growing environment
- Proven ability to communicate and manage relationships with senior executives
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, organizational, and communication skills.
- Extensive experience in a metrics-driven sales organization.
- Transportation or other logistics industry experience is a plus.
- Technology industry and startup experience are a plus.
More about the role:
- Salary is negotiable. We offer competitive and comprehensive benefits along with unlimited PTO and 401(K) match.
- We are a remote-first company, though we are open to US and Canada work visa sponsorship.
$240,000 - $240,000 a year
Total compensation of $240,000 - split between salary and commission.