Software Engineer, Product
The trucking and logistics industry provides the backbone of the economy. But the payments infrastructure on which it runs is broken. For the hard-working men and women of this sector, the existing suite of payment tools is outdated, difficult to use, prone to fraud, and saddled with shady fee structures. The incumbent players in this space often overlook the economic and practical needs of this user base.
We're changing that. AtoB is building Stripe for Transportation — modernizing the payments infrastructure for trucking and logistics. Supply chains rely on the timely movement of capital to function efficiently. Our end game is a world in which that capital movement occurs fairly, smoothly, and without delay. As we pursue that end game, we aim to center our customers in every way — offering them world-class customer experience and building products that work with and around the unique constraints of their daily lives. We build for fleet managers in the office and drivers on the road. We strive for products that are efficient, satisfying, and useful. Our customers enable our modern economy — they deserve it.
Our history and background
Our founding team has backgrounds working on autonomous vehicles at Cruise Automation, leading ops and growth for Uber, building apps that were featured on the Apple app store, and completing other great projects. We have staff and senior engineers from Google, Uber, Meta, Shopify, etc.
We have raised over $100 million in venture capital from investors such as General Catalyst, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator; founders and CEOs of companies like Google (Eric Schmidt), Salesforce (Marc Benioff), Coinbase, DoorDash, Instacart, Mozilla, Wealthfront, Segment, Gusto, Figma; CxOs and founding team members of Uber, PayPal and Stripe; angels like Elad Gil, Naval Ravikant, Gokul Rajaram; and other funds such as Climate Capital, Contrary Capital, Collaborative Fund, Designer Fund, Human Capital, Leadout, XYZ Capital, among others.
We are excited to open up more seats in this rocket ship!
Learn more about our mission, culture, and background on our Careers Page.
In this role, you will:
- Participate in the product development process from start to finish, from helping scope projects to measuring their success and iterating based on user feedback
- Scope, and lead large technical projects, laying the groundwork for early-stage products to iteratively evolve and scale
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, user-facing experiences, services, and systems
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Make effective tradeoffs between business priorities, user experience, and reliability
- Implement effective testing and CI through unit tests, integration tests and QA user testing
- Take ownership over your work and your projects
- Hold yourself and your teammates to a high bar
- Have 3+ years of professional experience with a modern stack.
- Extensive experience working with backend technologies like Rails, Python and NodeJS
- Experience writing end to end tests on your code and integrating with a CI pipeline
- Experience designing systems with multiple interacting elements
- Thrive on challenges with no clear answers
- Designed, developed and delivered complex projects involving multiple teams and/or engineers
- Take an extreme level of ownership over your work
- Are relentlessly focused on business impact
- Strong desire to learn and grow while holding yourself and your teammates to a high bar
- Bay Area compensation offered for all US and Canadian based employees.
- We are a remote-first company, though we are open to US and Canada work visa sponsorship.
- We offer competitive and comprehensive benefits along with unlimited PTO and 401(K) match.