Senior Product Designer
The trucking and logistics industry provides the backbone of the economy. But the payments infrastructure on which it runs is broken. For the hard-working men and women of this sector, the existing suite of payment tools is outdated, difficult to use, prone to fraud, and saddled with shady fee structures. The incumbent players in this space often overlook the economic and practical needs of this user base.
We're changing that. AtoB is building Stripe for Transportation — modernizing the payments infrastructure for trucking and logistics. Supply chains rely on the timely movement of capital to function efficiently. Our end game is a world in which that capital movement occurs fairly, smoothly, and without delay. As we pursue that end game, we aim to center our customers in every way — offering them world-class customer experience and building products that work with and around the unique constraints of their daily lives. We build for fleet managers in the office and drivers on the road. We strive for products that are efficient, satisfying, and useful. Our customers enable our modern economy — they deserve it.
Our history and background
Our founding team has backgrounds working on autonomous vehicles at Cruise Automation, leading ops and growth for Uber, building apps that were featured on the Apple app store, and completing other great projects. We have staff and senior engineers from Google, Uber, Meta, Shopify, Airbnb, etc.
We have raised over $100 million in venture capital from investors such as General Catalyst, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator; founders and CEOs of companies like Google (Eric Schmidt), Salesforce (Marc Benioff), Coinbase, DoorDash, Instacart, Mozilla, Wealthfront, Segment, Gusto, Figma; CxOs and founding team members of Uber, PayPal and Stripe; angels like Elad Gil, Naval Ravikant, Gokul Rajaram; and other funds such as Climate Capital, Contrary Capital, Collaborative Fund, Designer Fund, Human Capital, Leadout, XYZ Capital, among others.
We are excited to open up more seats in this rocket ship!
Product Design at AtoB
Our flagship product is a first-of-its-kind fuel card, which customers access through their AtoB account portals. Our roadmap entails several other payment tools — all-satisfying unique niches in the logistics & transport biz. As a Product Designer, you will act as a partner to our Engineering Team in the UI/UX redesign of our existing product and the development of our new ones.
What you'll do
- Deeply understanding the unique needs, values, and preferences of our customers (they're not like those of typical consumers or enterprise clients!)
- Owning the UI and UX product design process, end-to-end: you'll interview users, produce wireframes, produce beautiful mocks, and conduct usability tests
- Helping to build out the team, as needed
- Collaborating intimately with other members of our team (we're still a small start-up; we all wear a lot of hats!)
- You enjoy the challenge of building for accessibility. Our customers don't have the time or bandwidth to think too much about their payments; we want to make it so that they don't have to. Many of them are not digital natives. We would like to give our customers an experience unprecedented in delight and ease.
- You balance strong opinions with a team-first attitude. We're looking for someone who comes with and articulates a clear point of view — and who has the savvy to integrate that vision with that of the team.
- You may be a perfectionist, but you're also practical. Both our customers and our team are scrappy. We prefer to ship quickly and sweat the details that matter most. (Though let's get to that pixel-perfect standard, eventually!)
- You're excited about collaborating closely with both the Customer Success and Engineering teams. Our people are AtoB's greatest asset. You'll appreciate that those on the frontlines — our Customer Success and Customer Support staff — often understand our users' daily needs best. You're also capable of building strong relationships with engineers, working together towards a common product vision.
- You are experienced with both web and mobile design. It's alright if you're more of an expert in one or the other.
- Bay Area compensation offered for all US and Canadian based employees.
- We are a remote-first company, though we are open to US and Canada work visa sponsorship.
- We offer competitive and comprehensive benefits along with unlimited PTO and 401(K) match.