Software Engineer, Payments
Full Time - Remote
The trucking and logistics industry provides the backbone of the economy. But the payments infrastructure on which it runs is broken. For the hard-working men and women of this sector, the existing suite of payment tools is outdated, difficult to use, prone to fraud, and saddled with shady fee structures. The incumbent players in this space often overlook the economic and practical needs of this user base.
We're changing that. AtoB is building Stripe for Transportation — modernizing the payments infrastructure for trucking and logistics. Supply chains rely on the timely movement of capital to function efficiently. Our end game is a world in which that capital movement occurs fairly, smoothly, and without delay. As we pursue that end game, we aim to center our customers in every way — offering them world-class customer experience and building products that work with and around the unique constraints of their daily lives. We build for fleet managers in the office and drivers on the road. We strive for products that are efficient, satisfying, and useful. Our customers enable our modern economy — they deserve it.
Our history and background
Our founding team has backgrounds working on autonomous vehicles at Cruise Automation, leading ops and growth for Uber, building apps that were featured on the Apple app store, and completing other great projects. We have staff and senior engineers from Google, Uber, Meta, Shopify, etc.
We have raised over $100 million in venture capital from investors such as General Catalyst, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator; founders and CEOs of companies like Google (Eric Schmidt), Salesforce (Marc Benioff), Coinbase, DoorDash, Instacart, Mozilla, Wealthfront, Segment, Gusto, Figma; CxOs and founding team members of Uber, PayPal and Stripe; angels like Elad Gil, Naval Ravikant, Gokul Rajaram; and other funds such as Climate Capital, Contrary Capital, Collaborative Fund, Designer Fund, Human Capital, Leadout, XYZ Capital, among others.
We are excited to open up more seats in this rocket ship!
- Help build the platform that will shape how AtoB moves money at scale.
- Design, build and maintain APIs, services, and systems across AtoB's product suite.
- Implement various product and infrastructure features in the backend systems.
- Integrate with various external and internal systems and manage complex customer and money flows.
- Make payments more reliable, reduce transaction costs for everyone, and help trucking businesses be successful.
- Have a strong technical background, including 5+ years of experience building impactful products or systems.
- Have solid experience in designing large-scale and complex systems that delivered critical impact to the business.
- Are relentlessly focused on business impact.
- Enjoy thinking about systems ± their life cycles, edge cases, interactions, and failure modes.
- Strong sense of ownership and enjoy working on projects end-to-end.
- Experience building payment systems
- Bay Area compensation offered for all US and Canadian based employees.
- We are a remote-first company, though we are open to US and Canada work visa sponsorship.
- We offer competitive and comprehensive benefits along with unlimited PTO and 401(K) match.