Software Engineer, Infrastructure
The trucking and logistics industry provides the backbone of the economy. But the payments infrastructure on which it runs is broken. For the hard-working men and women of this sector, the existing suite of payment tools is outdated, difficult to use, prone to fraud, and saddled with shady fee structures. The incumbent players in this space often overlook the economic and practical needs of this user base.
We're changing that. AtoB is building Stripe for Transportation — modernizing the payments infrastructure for trucking and logistics. Supply chains rely on the timely movement of capital to function efficiently. Our end game is a world in which that capital movement occurs fairly, smoothly, and without delay. As we pursue that end game, we aim to center our customers in every way — offering them world-class customer experience and building products that work with and around the unique constraints of their daily lives. We build for fleet managers in the office and drivers on the road. We strive for products that are efficient, satisfying, and useful. Our customers enable our modern economy — they deserve it.
Our history and background
Our founding team has backgrounds working on autonomous vehicles at Cruise Automation, leading ops and growth for Uber, engineering at Amazon, building apps that were featured on the Apple app store, working on small business credit at Square & Goldman Sachs, and completing other great projects.
We have raised over $100 million in venture capital from investors such as General Catalyst, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator; founders and CEOs of companies like Google (Eric Schmidt), Salesforce (Marc Benioff), Coinbase, DoorDash, Instacart, Mozilla, Wealthfront, Segment, Gusto, Figma; CxOs and founding team members of Uber, PayPal and Stripe; angels like Elad Gil, Naval Ravikant, Gokul Rajaram; and other funds such as Climate Capital, Contrary Capital, Collaborative Fund, Designer Fund, Human Capital, Leadout, XYZ Capital, among others.
We are excited to open up more seats in this rocket ship!
As an infrastructure engineer at AtoB, you'll play a critical role in defining our technical architecture and how teams operate. We are undergoing major changes to our architecture as we continue to scale, and you will be a key driver of this change.
In this role, you will:
- Architect, design, and build scalable microservices
- Identify and drive changes as needed for our codebase, product areas and/or systems.
- Partner with other teams to ensure the service ecosystem is loosely coupled and scalable
- Improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources.
- 5+ years’ experience in microservice architecture, domain driven design, and RESTful APIs
- 2+ years’ experience working in a distributed/cloud-based environment (preferably AWS)
- Enjoy working in a rapidly changing environment.
- Delivered complex projects involving multiple teams and/or engineers.
- Are relentlessly focused on business impact.
- Strong desire to learn and grow while holding yourself and your teammates to a high bar.
- Strong sense of ownership and enjoy working on projects end-to-end.
- Bay Area compensation offered for all US and Canadian based employees.
- We are a remote-first company, though we are open to US and Canada work visa sponsorship.
- We offer competitive and comprehensive benefits along with unlimited PTO and 401(K) match.