Program Owner - Customer Retention
Strategy & Operations /
Full Time - Remote
The trucking and logistics industry provides the backbone of the economy. But the payments infrastructure on which it runs is broken. For the hard-working men and women of this sector, the existing suite of payment tools is outdated, difficult to use, prone to fraud, and saddled with shady fee structures. The incumbent players in this space often overlook the economic and practical needs of this user base.
We're changing that. AtoB is building Stripe for Transportation — modernizing the payments infrastructure for trucking and logistics. Supply chains rely on the timely movement of capital to function efficiently. Our end game is a world in which that capital movement occurs fairly, smoothly, and without delay. As we pursue that end game, we aim to center our customers in every way — offering them world-class customer experience and building products that work with and around the unique constraints of their daily lives. We build for fleet managers in the office and drivers on the road. We strive for products that are efficient, satisfying, and useful. Our customers enable our modern economy — they deserve it.
Our history and background
Our founding team has backgrounds working on autonomous vehicles at Cruise Automation, leading ops and growth for Uber, building apps that were featured on the Apple app store, and completing other great projects. We have staff and senior engineers from Google, Uber, Meta, Shopify, etc.
We have raised over $100 million in venture capital from investors such as General Catalyst, Bloomberg Beta, Y Combinator; founders and CEOs of companies like Google (Eric Schmidt), Salesforce (Marc Benioff), Coinbase, DoorDash, Instacart, Mozilla, Wealthfront, Segment, Gusto, Figma; CxOs and founding team members of Uber, PayPal and Stripe; angels like Elad Gil, Naval Ravikant, Gokul Rajaram; and other funds such as Climate Capital, Contrary Capital, Collaborative Fund, Designer Fund, Human Capital, Leadout, XYZ Capital, among others.
We are excited to open up more seats in this rocket ship!
About the Role:
The Program Owner - Customer Retention will be responsible for supporting the retention of customers across our suite of products. This may include support for Payroll, Fuel Card or Secured Cards and future products available to our customers. In this role, a successful program owner will deeply understand why businesses may stop using our solutions and partner with teams to develop playbooks to maintain and/or winback these businesses.
What you'll do:
- Partner with our customer lifecycle strategy and planning team to manage comprehensive and ongoing retention strategies for our businesses
- Building client communications, 1:1 and 1:many experiences, and partnering with marketing to develop a playbook for winback across a variety of different sized businesses
- Spend time to deeply understand the needs of churned customers to ensure retention across our suite of products
- Partner with cross-functional leaders to facilitate the ongoing optimization of programs to keep customers partnering with AtoB or winback businesses
- Analyze and develop insights from data to provide strategic recommendations to our Strategy & Planning teams and product teams
- Partner with cross-functional teams on ad-hoc requests, projects, and critical issues as needed
- 5+ years of customer lifecycle management, customer success, product marketing, and/or strategy experience in a high-tech growth environment
- You're a self-starter who loves to own things end-to-end. You don’t ask for permission - you’re too busy making things happen
- You're a creative thinker and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- You have an analytical mindset and strong problem-solving capabilities with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- You understand how to prioritize tasks and evaluate data to make impactful business decisions
- You're obsessed with understanding your customer and spend time challenging your own assumptions to drive value for the businesses you support.
- Remote within US/Canada
- Salary negotiable and commensurate with years of experience
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k) matching
- Competitive equity