Full Stack Software Engineer
New York /
About Atom Finance
Atom is a FinTech startup building the next-generation investment research platform to empower everyone to make informed investment decisions by democratizing access to institutional-quality content, data and tools. Atom’s platform offers an ever-growing arsenal of powerful research and portfolio monitoring features, and the sleek user interface is optimized for productivity and works across devices. The company aims to become the default investment research platform for the millions of investors not served by institutional services.
What you’ll do
- Own projects related to both building out new functionality on the core platform and improving existing features
- Build on top of our Node services to fetch data from providers and serve it to users in a scalable fashion
- Create engaging UIs using performant and modern React
- Take on initiatives related to managing and improving existing infrastructure
- Bachelors in computer science or equivalent
- You produce readable, high quality code
- Fluent in at least one backend web framework (Node is preferable but not required)
- Experience with React or a similar framework
- Comfortable with SQL
- You prize reliability, simplicity, and robustness in building out systems
- You communicate clearly and listen well
- You are a self-starter and comfortable taking on a variety of roles
- Masters/Ph.D. in computer science or equivalent
- Prior knowledge of Graphql, Redis, Elasticsearch and React Native
- Prior experience with distributed systems and high-throughput services
- Knowledge of AWS or similar cloud services
Atom offers competitive benefits including Health, Dental and Vision plans, 401(k) Matching, a complimentary Equinox gym membership, Commuter Benefits, Flexible hours and PTO.
We are building a highly scalable platform on a modern stack. Here you will have the chance to build things from the ground up, and own products and features from the start. You will tackle challenges including data storage & analytics, scalability & efficiency, mobile development, user experience and more.