Director of Technical Programs
Business Operations /
At Atom Computing, we’re building quantum computers with arrays of optically-trapped neutral atoms that will empower customers to achieve unprecedented computational breakthroughs. We are an incredible team of scientists, engineers, and business professionals passionately focused on advancing the state of the art in quantum computing. Atom Computing is seeking a Director-level Technical Program Manager (TPM) to lead cross-functional teams to translate product requirements into design and engineering plans, manage program execution, resolve technical tradeoffs and dependencies as they arise, and ultimately ensure the product satisfies customer needs with a great user experience. You will interact with key business and technical stakeholders to drive programs to meet objectives on schedule and within budget.
- Organize strong and aligned program teams to efficiently deliver on shared goals.
- Demonstrate sufficient familiarity with or willingness to learn AMO physics and quantum information concepts to establish credibility and facilitate collaboration with PhD physicists.
- Collaborate with scientific, engineering, and business owners to define program requirements, set priorities, and establish engineering execution plans to meet the requirements.
- Manage cross functional dependencies, risks, and changes effectively by optimizing scope, schedule, and resources accordingly.
- Partner with cross functional teams to drive technical analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Define and track key metrics and key quality and performance indicators and drive cross functional execution of program deliverables.
- Develop and own communication plans to effectively and proactively communicate program status, issues, and risks to stakeholders.
- Proactively identify and analyze complex technical problems with engineering leaders and stakeholders to find solutions.
- Influence product roadmap decisions to align with the company's business objectives.
- Drive internal and external process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
Experience & Education:
- BS, MS, or PhD in Physics, Chemistry, Engineering, or a related field.
- 10+ years of systems engineering and/or R&D program management experience at multi-disciplinary, deep tech companies.
- Documented history of delivering early-stage deep tech hardware programs or products from inception to delivery.
- Ability to gather user needs and requirements in order to precisely and accurately scope tasks and define attainable milestones.
- Experience operating autonomously across multiple teams, demonstrating critical thinking and thought leadership.
- Experience working with PhD scientists and technical management teams to develop systems, solutions, and products.
- Organizational, coordination, and multi-tasking expertise.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills involving large-scale systems.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with and motivate teams across technical disciplines in multiple time zones.
- Industrial experience working in quantum computing, lasers and optics, and/or high-performance computing.
- Advanced degree in Physics.
- NPD/NPI experience involving complex, large-scale hardware systems.
Atom Computing provides a wide variety of perks and benefits, including fully paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for our employees and their dependents. Additionally, unlimited paid time off, 401K company matching, short- and long-term disability, FSA, dependent care benefits, and life insurance. We also offer drinks, snacks, and catered team lunches in our offices, every day!
The base salary range for this position is between $200,000 - $225,000, commensurate with experience. In addition to salary, we offer an annual bonus and equity in the company.
Atom Computing is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to Workplace Diversity.