Director of Product Management
Berkeley, CA or Boulder, CO /
Business Operations /
Quantum computing is expected to enable huge leaps in scientific discovery and economic growth in the 21st century similar to what classical computing has enabled over the past 50 years. At Atom Computing, we are developing quantum computers based on optically trapped neutral atoms. Join an incredible team of physicists and engineers in a growing start-up company focused on one mission: deliver the most scalable quantum computers that can solve some of the most daunting computational problems ever attempted by man or machine.
Atom Computing is looking for an experienced product manager to define a winning quantum computer product roadmap. You will be responsible for driving the hardware, software, and user experience requirements including form, fit, function, performance, interfaces, access, and usability. You will be the primary interface to customers and partners to present the products and gather feedback on requirements and future enhancements. You will work with engineering to set aggressive but achievable schedules and align our customers and partners to them. You will support the executive, business development, and marketing communications teams by developing content and presentations about Atom Computing’s value-proposition and our products. You will have the opportunity to become one of the industry’s most knowledgeable quantum computing product experts, setting yourself up for unimaginable career opportunities as quantum goes mainstream.
- Self-starter with a winning attitude and an extraordinary ability to collaborate with a diverse team of people internally and externally
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field. MBA preferred.
- 7+ years of product management experience in computing or related high-tech industry
- Strong mix of technical and business skills.
- Critical thinker who has demonstrated effective options analysis and strategic decision making. Able to clearly articulate the big picture while paying attention to the details to get it right.
- Experience collecting engineering and customer inputs and driving tradeoff analysis to define winning products on schedule and within budget.
- Ability to write market / product requirements documents for engineering and business cases for ROI assessment and budgeting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication. Experience delivering presentations at all levels of a customer’s organization including technical leaders and senior executives. Public speaking experience and interest desired.
- ~25% travel expected