Quantum Applications Engineer
Berkeley, CA or Boulder, CO /
Quantum Applications Engineering /
We are looking for Quantum Applications Engineers to develop and implement applications on a universal, gate-based neutral atom quantum computer. At Atom Computing, you will work alongside our Quantum Engineering, Control Systems, and Software teams to demonstrate the power of scalable, neutral-atom quantum computers. Responsibilities will include: designing and implementing quantum characterization, verification, and validation (QCVV) techniques; Identification and implementation of NISQ algorithms suitable for near-term deployment on a neutral-atom quantum computer; Interfacing with external partners and stakeholders in the quantum applications space.
- PhD in Physics, Chemistry, Engineering, or a related field.
- Experience with NISQ-era algorithms, such as variational quantum algorithms, quantum approximate optimization algorithms, etc.
- Familiarity with quantum error correction.
- Familiarity with QCVV techniques.
- Willingness to translate concepts into demonstrations running on actual quantum computing hardware.
- Temperamentally suited to work at a fast-growing, early stage startup: self-motivated, humble, driven, collaborative, and has a high tolerance for ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse team of experimental physicists, hardware, and software engineers.
- Definite pluses: Familiarity with Python and Git software version control