Berkeley, CA /
Quantum Applications Engineering /
At Atom Computing, we’re building quantum computers with atomic arrays of optically-trapped neutral atoms, empowering researchers and companies to achieve unprecedented breakthroughs. Join an incredible team of scientists, engineers, and business professionals to advance the state of the art in quantum technologies that will transform computing performance.
We are seeking theoretical and computational physicists to support a variety of projects that help with the development of neutral atom quantum computing. As a Quantum Theorist at Atom Computing, you will join a team of talented scientists and engineers who are working to translate fundamental atomic physics to a scalable, fault-tolerant quantum computer.
- Conduct independent and collaborative theoretical and computational projects revolving around neutral atom quantum computing.
- Contribute to the development of a variety of simulation programs to support the development of atomic array quantum computers.
- Collaborate with quantum engineers to develop error budgets for existing quantum computers.
- Develop quantum control protocols and calibration and verification frameworks that bring the best out of our quantum computers.
- Contribute to the design and system engineering of future atomic array quantum computers.
Experience & Education
- Ph.D. in Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Engineering, or a related field.
- Familiarity with atomic physics and/or quantum optics.
- Experience working with quantum computers is a plus.
- Ability to adopt and develop complex computer programs.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse team of experimental physicists, hardware, and software engineers.
- Temperamentally suited to work at a fast-growing, early-stage startup: self-motivated, humble, driven, collaborative, and has a high tolerance for ambiguity and uncertainty.
Atom Computing provides a wide variety of benefits and perks, including fully paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for our employees and their dependents. Additionally, we offer unlimited paid time off, 401K company matching, short and long-term disability, FSA, dependent care benefits, and life insurance. Every workday, employees can enjoy drinks, snacks, and catered team lunches in our offices.
The base salary range for this position is between $135,000 - $165,000, commensurate with experience. In addition to salary, we offer an annual bonus and incentive stock options for equity in the company.
Atom Computing is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to Workplace Diversity.