Quantum Error Correction Theorist
Berkeley, CA /
Quantum Applications Engineering /
At Atom Computing, we’re building quantum computers with atomic arrays of optically-trapped neutral atoms, empowering researchers and companies to achieve unprecedented breakthroughs. Join an incredible team of scientists, engineers, and business professionals to advance the state of the art in quantum technologies that will transform computing performance.
We are seeking a quantum error correction theorist to contribute to the architecture and strategy of error correction in neutral atom quantum computers. Atomic qubit arrays provide a path to the large-scale quantum computers that will deliver fault-tolerant, error-corrected logical qubits.
At Atom Computing, you will work alongside our Quantum Engineering, Control Systems, and Software teams to demonstrate the power of scalable, neutral-atom quantum computers.
- Developing and optimizing quantum error correction schemes for gate-based atomic array quantum computers
- Simulation of error correction codes
- Development and implementation of decoders
- Implementation of error correction on quantum hardware
Experience & Education
- PhD in Physics, Chemistry, Engineering, or a related field.
- Experience with quantum error correction theory
- Willingness to translate concepts into demonstrations running on actual quantum computing hardware.
- Temperamentally suited to work at a fast-growing, early stage startup: self-motivated, humble, driven, collaborative, and has a high tolerance for ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse team of experimental physicists, hardware, and software engineers.
- Familiarity with Python and Git software version control
Atom Computing provides a wide variety of benefits and perks, including fully paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for our employees and their dependents. Additionally, we offer unlimited paid time off, 401K company matching, short and long-term disability, FSA, dependent care benefits, and life insurance. Every workday, employees can enjoy drinks, snacks, and catered team lunches in our offices.
The base salary range for this position is between $155,000 - $185,000, commensurate with experience. In addition to salary, we offer an annual bonus and incentive stock options for equity in the company.
Atom Computing is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to Workplace Diversity.