Vice President of Business Development
Research Triangle Park, NC or Remote /
Business Operations /
Quantum computing is expected to enable huge leaps in scientific discovery and economic growth in the 21st century, similar to what classical computing has enabled over the past 50 years. At Atom Computing, we are developing quantum computers based on optically-trapped neutral atoms. Join an incredible team of physicists and engineers in a growing start-up company focused on one mission: deliver the most scalable quantum computers that can solve some of the most daunting computational problems ever attempted by man or machine.
Atom Computing is looking for an experienced, high-energy business development executive to lead worldwide customer and partner engagements. You will join the corporate staff reporting to the CEO and be responsible for driving all aspects of customer/partner acquisition, go-to-market planning and execution, revenue generation, research grant attainment, negotiations, and contracts. You will constantly seek new opportunities, engage potential customers or partners, and close deals to grow the business pipeline for the company. You will define our value-proposition, business model, pricing and partner alignment structure. You will work closely with the executive team and marketing communications to coordinate conferences and events to engage the ecosystem and build the Atom Computing brand. Customers will span many industries and research institutions. Potential partners will include quantum software developers, cloud service providers, and other ecosystem co-travelers.
- Self-starter with a winning attitude and an extraordinary ability to collaborate with a diverse team of people internally and externally
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or related field. MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of government / enterprise business development or sales experience in the high-tech industry
- Proven success in developing new businesses and generating strong revenue growth
- Demonstrated business acumen and effective strategic decision making. Able to clearly articulate the big picture while paying attention to the details to get it right.
- Excellent verbal and written communication. Experience delivering presentations at all levels of a customer’s organization including technical leaders and senior executives. Public speaking experience and interest desired.
- ~50% travel expected