Senior Software Engineer – Applications/Platform
Boulder, CO /
Software Engineering /
At Atom Computing, we’re building quantum computers using atomic arrays of optically trapped neutral atoms that will empower customers to achieve unprecedented computational breakthroughs. Join a world-class team of scientists, engineers, and business professionals to advance the state-of-the-art in quantum computing.
Atom Computing is seeking a Senior Software Engineer – Applications/Platform who has a passion for writing software and at least 3 years of post-degree professional experience to work across the stack to enable our customers to seamlessly access our quantum computers and accelerate the development of our next-generation products. In this role, which will report to the Software Engineering Manager, you’ll work with a collegial and talented team of engineers and physicists to make your mark on the future of computing. This position could also be located in Berkeley, CA or Austin, TX.
- Develop and maintain public API features and open-source SDKs for running customer-provided jobs on our quantum hardware and simulators.
- Develop and maintain infrastructure for automating system tuning and calibration.
- Develop and maintain software for scheduling the execution and analyzing the results of quantum algorithms.
- Work closely with our Quantum Engineers to write idiomatic, well-tested, well-documented, and extensible code for executing experiments and algorithms on our quantum hardware.
Experience & Education
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or related field or equivalent on-the-job experience.
- Minimum 3 years of post-degree professional experience as a software engineer
- Temperamentally suited to work at a fast-growing, early-stage startup: self-motivated, humble, driven, collaborative, and with a high tolerance for ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Proficiency with Python and SQL.
- Familiarity with Git version control, automated testing, and software development best practices.
- Willingness to learn atomic, optical, laser physics, and quantum mechanics concepts required to put work in context.
Atom Computing provides a wide variety of perks and benefits, including fully paid medical,
dental, and vision insurance for our employees and their dependents. Additionally, unlimited paid time off, 401K company matching, short- and long-term disability, FSA, dependent care benefits, and life insurance. We also offer drinks, snacks, and catered team lunches in our offices, every day!
The base salary range for this position is between $140,000 - $185,000, commensurate with experience. In addition to salary, we offer an annual bonus and incentive stock options for equity in the company.
Atom Computing is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to Workplace Diversity.