Content Creator - Mathematics
Sydney or Remote, AU
Educational Content /
Atomi is an online education technology platform on a mission to help unlock the world’s potential by optimising the way we teach and learn. Our team and business have grown massively in just a few short years, and we’re ready to scale even further.
Founded circa 2011, Atomi began with just a few how-to maths videos. It turned out that students and teachers enjoyed our simple, engaging and practical style. We now deliver millions of lessons to students yearly, inspiring a love for learning beyond the classroom and empowering students and teachers to work better together with data, insights and more.
As part of this growth, we’re looking for a Mathematics Content Creator to research and write syllabus-aligned scripts, quizzes and lessons to be used in our interactive video courses for high school students. Please note that this is a full-time, permanent role.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work closely with our Content and Design teams to create high-quality scripts, quizzes and lessons.
- Translate complex concepts using your expert knowledge into clear, engaging scripts all the while making sure it helps our students learn.
- Create high-quality work efficiently that delights our customers, meets company objectives and reinforces our brand.
- Contribute to the culture of the Content team through feedback, guidance, training support, workshops and knowledge sharing.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO ATOMI
- A passion for education with excellent subject matter experience within the high school mathematics curriculum.
- Strong collaboration, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- A passion for education and flipped learning models.
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced startup environment preferably within a software subscription or technology business
- Previous in-classroom teaching experience
- Previous experience in a digital content creation role
WORKING AT ATOMI
- Flexible hours: We work around your schedule so you can fit in work time, uni time, study time, family time and time off.
- Generous leave plans: Our permanent team enjoy unlimited paid leave!
- Flexible work locations: Whether you're based in Sydney or based interstate, our teams enjoy the option to work wherever suits them best, as well as overseas working options!
- Opportunities to grow: We provide opportunities to improve your skills and knowledge across a range of interests and fields.
- Wellness and wellbeing: We offer all Atomi team members an all-inclusive Mind Fit at Work subscription from the very day you join! Mind Fit is an Australian EAP provider and is a leader in workplace wellbeing, mental health, resilience, and mindfulness training. You’ll also enjoy an additional 2 days paid leave per year, to focus on your wellbeing.
- Parental Leave: We support new parents by offering 14 weeks paid parental leave, plus an additional 4 weeks paid leave for the birthing parent.
- Work with the best: We know that you want to work alongside the best so we work hard to hire only great people!
- Regular social in-person and remote events: Including team sports competitions, trivia nights and themed annual events!
- Atomi access: Free access to our Atomi platform for you and your family members.
- Onsite teams: We're centrally located to all that Sydney CBD can offer including amazing restaurants, Victoria Park, Broadway shopping centre and public transport.
For us, bringing people on board is a big deal, so we’d like to start by getting to know you, your values and your previous experience. Please apply with your current resume, cover letter and anything else you’d like us to know.
At Atomi, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together a diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Atomi and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
* Please note, applicants must hold full Australian working rights to be considered. Our office is located in Sydney but this role can be based remotely in Australia.