Business Development Representative
Atomi is an online education technology platform on a mission to help unlock the world’s potential by optimising the way we teach and learn. Our team and business have grown massively in just a few short years, and we’re ready to scale even further.
Founded circa 2011, Atomi began with just a few how-to maths videos. It turned out that students and teachers enjoyed our simple, engaging and practical style. We now deliver millions of lessons to students yearly, inspiring a love for learning beyond the classroom and empowering students and teachers to work better together with data, insights and more.
We’re looking for a Business Development Rep to join our Sales Team, that’s ready to take on the challenge of helping our growing sales team find and develop potential new customers in our NSW market.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for contacting and developing relationships with new potential customers, by planning and implementing strategic outreach email campaigns, calling prospects and qualifying new opportunities. You’ll be responsible for growing our sales pipe and contributing to our growth moving forward!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Use prospecting strategies to lead initial outreach to prospects
- Develop strategic email campaigns to reach prospective schools
- Outbound phone and email to book initial discovery meetings with schools and teachers
- Identify the needs and challenges of the prospective customer
- Determine the prospect's interest in Atomi and what their specific use case is
- Schedule discovery meetings for sales representatives and prospects
- Conduct online demo’s of the Atomi platform to customers
- Work closely with an Account Executive to develop and close a full sales pipeline
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO ATOMI
- You have had some experience working within a sales role, with a passion for developing your software sales career
- You are a self-motivated individual with excellent time management skills
- You are known for your exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with a growth mindset
- You’re comfortable on the phone and managing many prospects
- You have experience working in a fast-paced, collaborative team
- You’re comfortable running staff and student presentations, onboarding and online demos
- This role will require a Valid Working With Children Check (WWCC) status. We are happy to cover the costs of this if you have not got a current WWCC.
- Bonus points
- Have had experience in a sales role previously
- Have worked with schools or teachers in a previous role
- You have experience at a phone-based role elsewhere
WORKING AT ATOMI
- Flexible hours: We work around your schedule so you can fit in work time, uni time, study time, family time and time off.
- Generous leave plans: Our permanent team enjoy unlimited paid leave!
- Flexible work locations: Whether you're based in Sydney or based interstate, our teams enjoy the option to work wherever suits them best, as well as overseas working options!
- Opportunities to grow: We provide opportunities to improve your skills and knowledge across a range of interests and fields.
- Wellness and wellbeing: We offer all Atomi team members an all-inclusive Mind Fit at Work subscription from the very day you join! Mind Fit is an Australian EAP provider and is a leader in workplace wellbeing, mental health, resilience, and mindfulness training. You’ll also enjoy an additional 2 days paid leave per year, to focus on your wellbeing.
- Parental Leave: We support new parents by offering 14 weeks paid parental leave, plus an additional 4 weeks paid leave for the birthing parent.
- Work with the best: We know that you want to work alongside the best so we work hard to hire only great people!
- Regular social in-person and remote events: including team sports competitions, trivia nights and themed annual events!
- Atomi access: Free access to our Atomi platform for you and your family members.
- Onsite teams: We're centrally located to all that Sydney CBD can offer including amazing restaurants, Victoria Park, Broadway shopping centre and public transport.
For us, bringing people on board is a big deal, so we’d like to start by getting to know you, your values and your previous experience. Please apply with your current resume, cover letter and anything else you’d like us to know.
At Atomi, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together a diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Atomi and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
* Please note, applicants must hold full Australian working rights to be considered.