Audio Specialist - Canada
Educational Content /
Atomi is an online education technology platform on a mission to help unlock the world’s potential by optimising the way we teach and learn. Our team and business have grown massively in just a few short years, and we’re ready to scale even further.
Founded circa 2011, Atomi began with just a few how-to maths videos. It turned out that students and teachers enjoyed our simple, engaging and practical style. We now deliver millions of lessons to students yearly, inspiring a love for learning beyond the classroom and empowering students and teachers to work better together with data, insights and more.
As a Voiceover Specialist, you’ll be working closely with our academic and design teams to voice and edit our online video courses. You'll become an integral part of our courses, and bring useful, clear and engaging content to thousands of students in Canada, as we look to internationally expand!
Our Canadian videos require English speakers with a Canadian accent. This is a part-time position and work hours are very flexible around your life or university/study obligations. We require a minimum of 15 hours a week, if you have capacity to work more than 15 hours we can always flex up!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Jump on board with the team and help us create amazing video lessons for students, teachers and schools.
- Work with the content creators and designers to record and put the finishing touches on our videos.
- Learn new skills in presentation and video editing - we'll teach you everything you need to know, no priors required!
- Get immersed in our culture as a part of multiple subject teams.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO ATOMI...
- You're a confident presenter who isn't afraid of their voice being heard by thousands of students and teachers around the country.
- Our Canadian videos require English speakers with an Canadian accent.
- You have good general knowledge, evidenced by strong marks in high school and at university. Good quality recording relies on a solid understanding of the subject matter!
- You can Inspire a love for learning! We believe learning is empowering, your passion for education and learning will shine through.
- You're a great problem solver and learn new skills quickly - this will come in handy when learning how to finalise and edit videos!
- Bonus points for prior experience recording or editing videos.
WORKING AT ATOMI
- Flexible hours: We work around your schedule so you can fit in work time, uni time, study time, family time and time off.
- Generous leave plans: Our permanent team enjoy unlimited paid leave!
- Flexible work locations: Whether you're based in Sydney or based interstate, our teams enjoy the option to work wherever suits them best.
- Opportunities to grow: We provide opportunities to improve your skills and knowledge across a range of interests and fields.
- Wellness and wellbeing: We offer all Atomi team members an all-inclusive Mind Fit at Work subscription from the very day you join! Mind Fit is an Australian EAP provider and is a leader in workplace wellbeing, mental health, resilience, and mindfulness training. You’ll also enjoy an additional 2 days paid leave per year, to focus on your wellbeing.
- Parental Leave: We support new parents by offering 14 weeks paid parental leave, plus an additional 4 weeks paid leave for the birthing parent.
- Work with the best: We know that you want to work alongside the best so we work hard to hire only great people!
- Regular social in-person and remote events: including team sports competitions, trivia nights and themed annual events!
- Atomi access: Free access to our Atomi platform for you and your family members.
- Onsite teams: We're centrally located to all that Sydney CBD can offer including amazing restaurants, Victoria Park, Broadway shopping centre and public transport. Not forgetting to mention, our office is complete with a relaxing lounge, fantastic technology and all the greatest snacks!
For us, bringing people on board is a big deal, so we’d like to start off by getting to know you, your values and your previous experience. Please apply today with your resume, cover letter and anything else that will help us understand if this is a great match!
*We have an office in Ultimo, Sydney CBD for those who wish to work from our office location and use our soundproof audio booth
Applicants must be available to work for a minimum of 15 hours per week with bonus points if you can work closer to 20-25 hours per week during busy periods*