Senior Product Designer
Denver, CO /
Homebound’s mission is to create a better way to build homes leveraging technology, and we’re already delivering on that mission in places that need it the most: communities impacted by devastating wildfires.
With a better labor model, a more efficient building process, and a delightful homeowner experience, Homebound will transform the single-family home market, and rebuild communities along the way.
We are already helping over 150 homeowners in Sonoma and Ventura Counties, and with backing from Thrive Capital, Forerunner, Khosla Ventures, Google Ventures, and Fifth Wall, we are ready to scale to help hundreds more. Join us.
Homebound’s design organization is growing and we’re looking for a senior product designer to join our team. Product design is the heart and soul of Homebound and one of our true differentiators. Our designers partner tightly with our customer experience, product, engineering, architecture and construction professionals to explore, design, prototype, test and iterate on solutions to deliver a customer-first construction experience.
The design team has a strong role in our product discovery processes. Design is an equal partner to engineering and product and plays an important role in collectively making critical strategic decisions. This role will be instrumental in defining first version products and working through multiple iterations for our customer facing and internal tools. This is an environment where we’re making big bets, innovation is encouraged, and we embrace failure and the persistence to continue to iterate to solve core problems.
- Partner with product manager to clearly define opportunities, articulate the end-to-end vision of features, and execute highly crafted designs.
- Lead multiple design projects across different product development lifecycles.
- Conceptual thinking that balances user needs and business goals.
- Conduct customer research with empathy and sensitivity; our customers may have lost their home in a natural disaster and are rebuilding.
- Collaborate with architecture and construction teams to identify pain points to continually improve internal processes and products.
- Synthesize research into actionable insights and product implications; make data informed design decisions.
- Prepare and present design work with clearly defined goals to multiple stakeholders.
What You Have Done In Your Career:
- 6+ years of experience designing, building, and growing high-quality products.
- Thrived in a fast-paced environment with ambiguity and changing needs.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, manage, and drive projects from beginning to end.
- Enjoy teaching and/or mentoring other designers and teammates to learn and grow.
Who You Are:
- Are an expert in either UI, UX, or visual design, but skilled in more disciplines across product design.
- Low ego and an eagerness to give and receive constructive feedback in a transparent work environment.
- Growth-mindset with a healthy dose of skepticism.
- Strong written and verbal communicator who errs on the side of over-communication.
- Strong sense of responsibility with a bias towards action.
- Comfortable self-directing and prioritizing your own work.
- Strong communication, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Experience with design systems and Figma.
- Expertise in preparing and facilitating design sprints is a bonus.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role,
but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Homebound is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any
other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Homebound considers all qualified
applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please review our CCPA policies here.