Senior Data Analyst
Remote - US /
Homebound’s mission is to create a better way to build a home leveraging technology, and we’re already delivering on that mission in places that need it the most: communities impacted by devastating wildfires.
With a better labor model, a more efficient building process, and a delightful homeowner experience, Homebound will transform the single-family home market, and rebuild communities along the way.
We are already helping dozens of homeowners in Sonoma and Ventura Counties, and with backing from Thrive Capital, Khosla Ventures and Google Ventures, we are ready to scale to help hundreds more. Join us.
Leveraging data throughout every step in the homebuilding process is critical to achieving Homebound’s mission. We are looking for a passionate data analyst that is excited about the challenge of going from “zero to one” and from “one to N” on all things data, analytics, BI. This individual will be a key driver for scaling analytics and data-driven decision making at Homebound. If you are excited to work with a modern data stack (AWS, Looker, Python, Airflow), partner with business leaders to develop world-class dashboards and insights, establish and scale data and reporting best practices, and help grow a data-driven culture at a high growth technology company then we would love to talk about this opportunity with you!
What You'll Do:
- Nurture, support, challenge, and improve upon Homebound’s technology culture Identify, analyze, and report on company KPIs and business performance
- Work cross functionally with our Growth and Construction teams to identify trends and insights ranging from growth marketing to construction project management
- Design and maintain best-in-class data workflows, standards, and visualizations
- Comfortable working with both structured and unstructured data to discover actionable insights and provide recommendations
- Establish data quality standards and policies to ensure our data is of high quality and accuracy
- Help recruit and mentor a growing team of leading data professionals
What You Have:
- 3+ years of professional industry experience in data analysis, business intelligence, or similar analytics roles, experience at start-ups a plus.
- Experience with modern data analysis tools like SQL, Python, Airflow, and GitHub Experience with the Business Intelligence platforms and concepts, ideally Looker
- Experience driving projects from ideation to production including gathering requirements, wrangling data sources, and presenting results to stakeholders
- Experience working within a cloud-based infrastructure, ideally AWS
Who You Are:
- Comfortable self-directing and prioritizing your own work
- Results oriented with a bias towards action
- Good-natured, humble, and generally positive person
- Growth-mindset with a healthy dose of skepticism
- Strong written and verbal skills who errs on the side of overcommunication
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Homebound is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.
Please review our CCPA policies here.