Brand Marketing Designer
Remote - US /
Homebound’s mission is to create a better way to build homes leveraging technology, and we’re already delivering on that mission in places that need it the most: communities impacted by devastating wildfires.
With a better labor model, a more efficient building process, and a delightful homeowner experience, Homebound will transform the single-family home market, and rebuild communities along the way.
We are already helping over 150 homeowners in Sonoma and Ventura Counties, and with backing from Thrive Capital, Forerunner, Khosla Ventures, Google Ventures, and Fifth Wall, we are ready to scale to help hundreds more. Join us.
We believe that building a custom home should feel simple, transparent, and human, which is a dramatic departure from the traditional experience today. In order to achieve our vision, we need to thoughtfully design every customer touchpoint and imbue it with an uncompromising interpretation of our brand values. Our challenge is to take what feels impossibly complex, and make it feel possible. It’s to empower homeowners with the critical context they need to make consequential decisions for their future, and to transform triggers of stress and fear into opportunities to earn trust and show that we have our homeowners’ backs every step of the way.
A critical member of our design organization reporting to the Head of Customer Experience & Brand, this Brand Marketing Designer will be responsible for refining what our brand means in practice, and designing Homebound’s critical brand & marketing assets across online and offline realms.
What You'll Do:
- Serve as Homebound's first in-house brand marketing designer, flexibly helping our small but mighty organization across brand and marketing design, both online and offline.
- This role will be responsible for a broad surface area. Specific ownership areas will include:
- Homepage overhaul & continual iterations
- Marketing & brand asset design
- Innovative and compelling construction site signage
- Physical banners, digital banners, stickers, bags, flyers, etc. for our in-market community presence
- Digital or physical assets to support local sales efforts, which may include brochures and booklets, community webinar presentations, or thoughtful gifts or kits
- Design for email and other education touchpoints throughout the homeowner experience
- Expectation-setting is critical for a smooth homeowner build experience. We are responsible for engaging homeowners throughout their journey with the right educational materials and updates.
- Home & architecture photography
- Creative direct shoots to capture beautiful images of completed Homebound homes for our portfolio.
- Own photography (and videography) of in-process homes to inspire homeowners and show progress.
- Help make our brand marketing operations more scalable, including templatizing materials and implementing scalable systems so assets are discoverable and well-organized.
- Be a productive member of design reviews, giving and receiving feedback with openness, supportive intentions, and a growth mindset.
What You Have:
- Demonstrated integrity around core values and beliefs
- 4+ years of experience as a graphic designer, brand designer, or visual designer
- History of flexibility, impact orientation, and ability to roll up sleeves to get work done in a changing environment
- Experience designing physical assets and digital graphics, and making these assets available for the rest of the company
- Experience in a fast-growing startup environment is a plus
Who You Are:
- Good-natured, humble, and generally positive person.
- Empathetic with our users and fiercely protective of the customer experience.
- Startup mentality - flexible, impact-oriented, and energized about high velocity output.
- High bar for quality and strong design sensibilities.
- You don’t just make things beautiful - you push to crisply understand goals and ensure your work achieves these goals.
- Relentlessly resourceful.
- You look for solutions instead of problems.
- Strong sense of responsibility with a bias towards action.
- Organized and able to manage your own workload without relying on a producer.
- Excited to grow with a fast-moving organization with opportunities for increasing leadership as time goes on.
Other Important Skills:
- Power user of design software of your choice.
- Comfortable working within Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Lightroom, Sketch, Figma, Canva, and Airtable.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role,
but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Homebound is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any
other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Homebound considers all qualified
applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please review our CCPA policies here.