Field Crew Associate
San Francisco Bay Area, CA /
Villa creates housing that empowers homeowners and helps communities flourish. We believe that families shouldn’t be broken up because they can’t afford to live in the same city. We believe that safe and comfortable housing shouldn’t be just for the wealthy. And we believe that the housing shortage can be solved through a visionary plan and hard work.
We build high-quality prefab accessory dwelling units in the most efficient and cost-effective way possible, and make the process easy for everyone. Every member of our team is dedicated to our mission of building housing that matters. And we always put our customers first.
We believe that everyone deserves a place to call home and invite you to join us.
We’re looking for an organized and detail-oriented Field Crew associate to join our Operations team and help support and complete projects across California in a fun, fast-paced environment. This is a rare opportunity to join a start-up with an uplifting mission!
We are looking for a dependable Handyman / general laborer / carpenter that can complete various remodeling and maintenance tasks on our projects. Remodeling & finishing job duties include painting, patching drywall, and installing floors and windows. Your responsibilities may also involve solving basic electrical and plumbing issues. You must be able to lift at least 50 lbs, and you should be proficient with hand and power tools. Previous experience working as an electrician or in carpentry is a plus.
What You'll Do:
- Support Construction Managers on job sites as needed
- Basic wood framing knowledge required
- Patch / hang drywall and paint as needed
- Help with tile or flooring installation
- Assist with trim carpentry or exterior siding
- Perform basic electrical and plumbing maintenance & installation (non-licensed work)
- This a 100% field position and will deal with a wide variety of site conditions.
What You Have:
- High school diploma or GED certificate preferred
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs
- Familiarity with basic hand and power tools
- Reliable transportation and clear driving record
- Mechanical aptitude
- 2-3+ years in construction
- Self-starter who takes initiative and responsibility for their work and actions
- Comfort working in the uncertainty of a new company, with a consistently evolving agenda
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and coordinate cross-functional schedules
- An eye for quality, detail, and a desire to perform at a high level
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply. The hourly compensation range for this role is between $25 to $30 per hour.
Villa is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Villa considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please review our CCPA policies here.