Senior Front-End Engineer
Denver, CO /
Homebound’s mission is to create a better way to build a home leveraging technology, and we’re already delivering on that mission on places that need it the most: communities impacted by devastating natural disasters.
With a better labor model, a more efficient building process, and a delightful homeowner experience, Homebound will transform the single family home market, and rebuild communities along the way.
We are already helping over 150 homeowners in Sonoma, Napa, Ventura and Los Angeles counties, and with over $50M funding from Google Ventures, Thrive, Khosla and more, we are rapidly expanding to new markets. Join us.
The challenge and opportunity for Front-end Engineers at Homebound is to build delightful experiences for a range of different types of users -- from homeowners to construction professionals. We are just embarking on this journey so we are seeking individuals who, in addition to building experiences, also want to help establish best practices and create patterns for other Homebound engineers to ensure we deliver features quickly and at a high level of quality.
From React/Vue/Ember to PlainJS, from CSS to HTML, from REST to GraphQL, and from Component Libraries to Design Languages, you get excited about the challenge of going from “zero to one” and from “one to N” on all things Front-end. You are equally comfortable writing detailed feature design documents, writing and deploying high-quality code and systems, building reusable frameworks, working closely with teams across the company, and identifying, hiring, and partnering with other talented folks. Most importantly, you are excited to be an early, key influencer on Homebound’s technology cultural values and norms.
- Nurture, support, challenge, and improve upon Homebound’s technology culture
- Learn about how the Homebound business operates
- Partner with all parts of Homebound from engineering to purchasing, from construction to customer experience
- Understand key needs and opportunities and then propose solutions and systems to effect change
- Write detailed design documents and integrate feedback into said documents
- Write high-quality code and integrate code-review feedback into said code
- Deploy systems that are resilient, robust, and monitored (“Cattle not Pets”)
- Recruit and onboard additional people of quality
What You Have Done In Your Career:
- Excellence in a zero-to-one situation
- Integrity around core values and beliefs
- Experienced the strong psychological safety of a high output team
- Built high-quality teams and systems
- Experienced in all aspects of data infrastructure
Who You Are:
- Good-natured, humble, and generally positive person
- Growth-mindset with a healthy dose of skepticism
- Strong written and verbal skills who errs on the side of overcommunication
- Strong sense of responsibility with a bias towards action
- Comfortable self-directing and prioritizing your own work
Homebound is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Homebound considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.