Head of Finance
San Francisco, CA /
Villa creates housing that empowers homeowners and helps communities flourish. We believe that families shouldn’t be broken up because they can’t afford to live in the same city. We believe that safe and comfortable housing shouldn’t be just for the wealthy. And we believe that the housing shortage can be solved through a visionary plan and hard work.
We build high-quality prefab accessory dwelling units in the most efficient and cost-effective way possible, and make the process easy for everyone. Every member of our team is dedicated to our mission of building housing that matters. And we always put our customers first.
We believe that everyone deserves a place to call home and invite you to join us.
What You'll Do:
- Apply business judgement and financial insights to assist with decision making related to unit economics, margin levers, core business expansion, and new opportunities.
- Build guardrails and milestones for financial and performance management and identify controls and improve processes to prepare the company for the next stages of growth.
- Define, prepare and analyze a combination of financial, operating and product metrics to create detailed budgets and short / long-range forecasts, including three statements, liquidity and capital-needs analyses, as well as ad hoc reporting / analysis as needed.
- Act as one team with accounting colleagues to develop and analyze monthly, quarterly, and annual business results, tracking key performance indicators, and data trends, including monthly reporting on forecast-to-actual variances, and synthesize results to develop critical business insights.
- Represent Team Finance as a fiercely collaborative, proactive and intellectual team member who puts the company first.
- Apply business judgment and financial insights to assist with decision making related to new initiatives, products, and business opportunities.
- Think strategically and then execute - the models we build aid in decision making and strategy - we operationalize our insights.
- Investor Relations: Assist in managing investor relations and preparation of Board level materials.
Who You Are:
- 4-8 years of experience in business strategy / analytics, operational FP&A, private equity, investment banking, consulting or other analytically-intensive roles at either high-growth technology startups or well-established companies.
- Elite modeling skills - attention to detail and best practices are second-nature and able to build efficient, scalable and intuitive.
- Deep understanding of financial modeling, valuation methods, and key metrics used in the real estate, homebuilding and construction industries; strong working knowledge of GAAP.
- Agile self-starter with ability to move quickly and desire to own and be accountable for projects from Day 1.
- Service-oriented attitude characterized by strong listening skills and the desire to achieve shared success.
- Financial operator looking to impact change in an industry historically adverse to technology.
- BS / BA in Finance, Business, Accounting, Economics or similar.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Villa is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Villa considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please review our CCPA policies here.